Have You Seen These? Impostor Evitas...

GMXam

Registered
I have...today. Three. Unfortunately, I'm unsure of whether they came from a cueva or a cajero (ATM for the non-spanish speakers). Check your bills before you leave the ATM/cueva/more/etc.

I've notated the differences I could easily see between the impostors and the legitimate Evitas below, with an image of the two side by side, just in case one needs a refresher on these.

The first differences I found were in the flor de ceibo images (circled in the image below). The unshaded flor de ceibo should be directly under the CIEN PESOS text and pointing downward in the legit Evita, whereas it points to the side and is placed too far to the left on the impostor. The shaded flor de ceibo on the impostor is much darker and the shaded pattern is striated in one direction, whereas on the legit Evita it is not as dark and the shaded pattern is striated in varied directions.

3Ox4qzK.jpg

Flip the bills over and you can easily see a difference between the two circled images below. The legit Evita is more clear and the patterns are significantly different between the background and the images of the woman and babies (varying between themselves, as well), whereas the impostor Evita has a faded and less clear image with little to no variation of pattern between the background and the foreground images.

H1Khw2b.jpg

And finally the watermarks...on the legit bill, Evita's pic should have initials right below her chin; the impostor has it off to the left. The metallic strip on the legit bill should show images of Evita in line with almost enough space for an Evita in between each image, whereas the impostor has no room in between each Evita image. One last thing, the bill should not separate from the metallic strip.

dnWfpzP.jpg

Should you encounter these in receiving Evitas and before you leave the counter, demand to receive a different bill.

My good deed for the day is done... Have an awesome afternoon. The weather is great out there!

Even the Roca 100s are different in many cases, with the watermark slightly moved or the serial numbers in a different font, size and color. Were you here when the bills from Brazil arrived (because the Ks didn't want to pay the ex-Ciccone to print the bills, owned at that time by Boldt, which is a company linked to shadowy opposition figures in the dissident peronismo)?

I doubt they are fake notes. Based on your pictures, they're not.

We have been told to look carefully at the series "A" Evita bills, as the favorites to counterfeit. Any experience with this?

We have been told to look carefully at the series "A" Evita bills, as the favorites to counterfeit. Any experience with this?

It's the feel of the paper, the lifted "BANCO DE LA REPUBLICA ARGENTINA" lettering, the watermark, etc. You can read more here: http://www.bcra.gov.ar, under "Billetes y Monedas."

i saw them and although they are quire different from others we were told no problem
anyway caveta emptor

Even the Roca 100s are different in many cases, with the watermark slightly moved or the serial numbers in a different font, size and color. Were you here when the bills from Brazil arrived (because the Ks didn't want to pay the ex-Ciccone to print the bills, owned at that time by Boldt, which is a company linked to shadowy opposition figures in the dissident peronismo)?

I doubt they are fake notes. Based on your pictures, they're not.

They are fake. The glued metallic strip is beginning to separate at an edge of one of the bills. The three impostors are identical. My legit bills all look the same and are varied in serial number: A, B, C, and F. And by the way, they feel exactly the same as the impostors. They are done very well. We all were inspecting them at coffee chat yesterday with very similar reactions to how good many of the details were. It almost seems as if the impostors could have been made by the same "manufacturers" of the legit bills.

These each had a series A number, but all the legit series bills I have are identical to each other.

I just checked my stack and I found two like yours! They have both A numbers. Mine are from a cueva.
This is an Argie moment more than when I found out they gave me permanent residency!

IKDWtzm.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MilHojas Expat Life 0
Back