Health Insurance for Entry to Argentina

Lavish Otter

Registered
Hi All,

I am a long time reader of the forum. I am finally returning to BA after 2 years. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this requirement for entry?

las personas extranjeras no residentes que ingresen por motivos turísticos deberán presentar... un seguro de salud de COVID-19

It is easy to buy travelers' insurance from the US, my specific question is: the health coverage would include Covid but is not specifically for Covid, do you see this as a problem?

Thanks in advance,
LO

As long as it says covid is covered you are good. It doesn't have to be specifically for covid. And of course it has to be valid in Argentina.

I purchased travel medical insurance through Squaremouth.com and specifically went with Trawick International. On the website there's a box for "coronavirus pandemic" which is for covid-19 medical coverage but not cancellation due to covid. I purchased the cheapest (least coverage) plan they provide that includes coronavirus medical coverage. It was very cheap and is acceptable but depending on what you want or need you can always opt for getting more coverage.

Also returning to BA for the first time since covid. I have full coverage in the US (Kaiser), and I called them about getting a letter saying Covid was fully covered, and it is, but they said they don't have any document to send me that states this. Anyone else face this issue? Any recs? Thanks.

I was able to enter Argentina no problem. I bought an inexpensive travel insurance without trip insurance. It came with a letter saying that Covid was included as a medical expense. I don’t think the immigration officer even looked at it beyond seeing it was travel insurance.

I had all my documents in order, but I was a little surprised how quickly I got through immigration.

I believe SafetyWing should also work as it includes covid and quarantine cover. The coverage limit in general though ($250,000 if I recall) may not be high enough for some people's comfort level though.

I was expecting an antigen test when I arrived, but they must’ve stopped doing those.

Back