Health Isurance Over 65

gouchobob

Registered
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the availability and cost of health insurance for someone over 65? I know someone who thinking of retiring here and this is an important consideration.

I'm told Centro Medico Puerreydon will provide coverage. Is it any good and how much does it cost.

Thanks

I know Hospital Italiano does and has excellent reputation. Centro Medico Pueyrredon is just a clinic. Not sure about prices.

The Hospital Italiano is a teaching hospital, one of Buenos Aires' best. It has a plan for those between 60 and 80 years old. I think it is around 600 pesos per month.

nikad said:
I know Hospital Italiano does and has excellent reputation. Centro Medico Pueyrredon is just a clinic. Not sure about prices.

But if they offer a "comprehensive plan" it would include hospital coverage.

steveinbsas said:
But if they offer a "comprehensive plan" it would include hospital coverage.
It is possible, I had bad experiences in teh past with these small companies and I have been avoiding them since then, they are ok for an occasional doctor visit or minor stuff, just not when you really need them. they are usually a lot cheaper though.

nikad said:
It is possible, I had bad experiences in teh past with these small companies and I have been avoiding them since then, they are ok for an occasional doctor visit or minor stuff, just not when you really need them. they are usually a lot cheaper though.

Niki, your reply is a bit vague.

Did you actually have (or even hear of someone who had) a problem with Centro Medico Pueyrredon?

steveinbsas said:
Niki, your reply is a bit vague.

Did you actually have (or even hear of someone who had) a problem with Centro Medico Pueyrredon?

No, not with them in particular, I have no references about them whatsoever.

Back