Healthcare In Argentina For Euers

ed.be

Registered
Hi there!

So I'll be moving to BA in a month and was wondering to what extent I will be covered by the public healthcare system?

I'm a UK/ French national and I plan to stay and work in Argentina for at least 12 months. In your experience, is it necessary for foreigners/ expats to take out a comprehensive health insurance policy before arriving, or will I qualify for free access to the public services? Does this access depend on your visa situation? (I'll be arriving on a 3-month tourist visa and figuring out the rest later)

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

Ed

Hi there!

So I'll be moving to BA in a month and was wondering to what extent I will be covered by the public healthcare system?

I'm a UK/ French national and I plan to stay and work in Argentina for at least 12 months. In your experience, is it necessary for foreigners/ expats to take out a comprehensive health insurance policy before arriving, or will I qualify for free access to the public services? Does this access depend on your visa situation? (I'll be arriving on a 3-month tourist visa and figuring out the rest later)

Thanks for any and all recommendations!

Ed

You get free access to public health care, no matter what. However, please be aware that if you actually need an appointment for something, it can take a looong time to get one. If you have an emergency, you will be fine and the same doctors that work in the private health care system work in the public system. You may want to consider a private option for the wait times, though. If you are relatively young and it's just you, you can get a plan incredibly cheap that would even cover your dental.

Wait until you are here and go to Hospital Aleman. You can get a plan there with your passport. I have the most expensive plan for a family and I pay about 275 dollars. The same plan for 1 single person cost 100 dollars.

Yes, my advice would be to go private. It's affordable. There are some public hospitals that are okay, but the one I went to for paperwork was old, dirty, and had cats wandering the halls.

Yes, my advice would be to go private. It's affordable. There are some public hospitals that are okay, but the one I went to for paperwork was old, dirty, and had cats wandering the halls.

I heard that cats are cheaper to employ than Bolivians these days.

Thanks so much for your help! I'm 24 and single, so from what you are saying hopefully would qualify for a pretty cheap rate. I guess I'll try to organise something when I arrive in August.

Bajo_cero2, you mentioned insurance for $100 from the Hospital Aleman - it's a daft question, but is that per month or per year?

Thanks so much for your help! I'm 24 and single, so from what you are saying hopefully would qualify for a pretty cheap rate. I guess I'll try to organise something when I arrive in August.

Bajo_cero2, you mentioned insurance for $100 from the Hospital Aleman - it's a daft question, but is that per month or per year?

Also Hospital Italiano has health insurance plans that for a single 24 yo. should be very competitive..!

http://www.hospitalitaliano.org.ar/plan/index.php

Back