Hello BAExpats!

hazlo

Registered
Hi Folks!

Just introducing myself as I arrived in BA last week after a 4 month Motorcycle ride from Canada. I am looking forward to hanging up my riding gear for awhile and getting to know the city, the people and learn some more Spanish. My name is David and I am from Edmonton, Canada and I am looking at living here for at least 6 months... or longer if I can find a way to sustain myself here. BA seems like a vibrate, exciting city full of culture... but it sure is more expensive than the last 13 countries I rode through!

David

Wow that sounds like an amazing trip! Welcome!

That sounds like an awesome trip! If you kept a blog or took photos, I would love to see them and see what your trip was like. I hope you enjoy your time in Buenos Aires!

Yes David,I am sure you will find it the most expensive, unless you drove through San Fransisco, LA, and San Diego,,,,as far as getting to know the people it just depends upon what people you choose to know.....The Spanish you learn here is generally looked down upon in many Spanish speaking countries (a little crude), but Spanish never the less!...It is a very interesting city, certainly you will at times be a little frustrated but another experience in your life. Chain your motorcycle as soon as you park it...helmet and all! Don't expect the food or warmth of Mexicans, the same community spirit of Guatamala,the fortitude of Peru,but expect a great deal of memories. Welcome to Buenos Aires (a true misnomer) and good luck. I hope to see you soon riding down Avenada Independencia in pack with other cyclist at full speed....possibly the last thing I see before I am hospitalized in an eternal coma.....just a joke!

Welcome David, sounds like quite an adventure. I would also like to see pics or read about your trip. What kind of bike did you come down on? There are a couple motorbike riders here on the site. I go out of the city with some guys on Saturdays for lunch sometimes. Drop me a line sometime if you want to come along.

Hanstew ,that pic always splits my wig ... it , it , it scares me

Welcome David!! Sounds like an amazing trip and you are very brave and adventurous to try it so BsAs will be a pretty good fit! Lots of activities coming up the next few months! Best of luck and enjoy!!

james p said:
Yes David,I am sure you will find it the most expensive, unless you drove through San Fransisco, LA, and San Diego,,,,as far as getting to know the people it just depends upon what people you choose to know.....The Spanish you learn here is generally looked down upon in many Spanish speaking countries (a little crude), but Spanish never the less!...It is a very interesting city, certainly you will at times be a little frustrated but another experience in your life. Chain your motorcycle as soon as you park it...helmet and all! Don't expect the food or warmth of Mexicans, the same community spirit of Guatamala,the fortitude of Peru,but expect a great deal of memories. Welcome to Buenos Aires (a true misnomer) and good luck. I hope to see you soon riding down Avenada Independencia in pack with other cyclist at full speed....possibly the last thing I see before I am hospitalized in an eternal coma.....just a joke!
Expensive is relative to value received. You can pay allot and get sub par, IE BsAs or you pay allot and get quality. IE San Fransisco,LA and San Diego. Just lower your expectations in BA and you'll be happy about the cost. Then jump on that bike and ride............................

Back