hello ( books and bike)

darmanad

Registered
Am USA expat who lived in Rio several years and now have 2nd residence here. This org doesnt seem all that active compared to AM expat org in Rio. Are there other clubs , associations I should be checking out?
I am looking to buy a decent bicycle and lots of English language books ( by foot or weight).
 
darmanad said:
Am USA expat who lived in Rio several years and now have 2nd residence here. This org doesnt seem all that active compared to AM expat org in Rio. Are there other clubs , associations I should be checking out?
I am looking to buy a decent bicycle and lots of English language books ( by foot or weight).
Hey I'm curious...what expat org/site in Rio are you talking about? I'm thinking of moving back there soon and could use such a resource.
 

HotYogaTeacher

Registered
we have book exchanges every couple of months and there is the Walrus in San Telmo, appropriately enough on estados unidos that sells english language books, new and used...
 

flippinkittin

Registered
My favorite English Language book store in the city is in a small 'mall' on the corner of Santa Fe, and Pueyrredon. You go down the stairs from the Santa Fe entrance and there it is. You can just see a little sign from the street that says Libros Ingles/Calstllano.
 

Ingrid

Registered
flippinkittin said:
My favorite English Language book store in the city is in a small 'mall' on the corner of Santa Fe, and Pueyrredon. You go down the stairs from the Santa Fe entrance and there it is. You can just see a little sign from the street that says Libros Ingles/Calstllano.
Wow, this is awesome! I never knew there's a bookstore there that sells English books and I pass by that intersection almost everyday!! Thanks flippinkittin!
 

flippinkittin

Registered
Ingrid said:
Wow, this is awesome! I never knew there's a bookstore there that sells English books and I pass by that intersection almost everyday!! Thanks flippinkittin!
No problem = )

ICANA is also another option. They are an english language library. 80 pesos a year to join.
 
Top