Hello, Everyone!

MIRNA5483

Registered
My name is Mirna, I grew up in Northern New Jersey and now I am living here in Buenos Aires.

I found this group and I find it very informative and a relief because it takes a bit of time to adjust to a new country.

I am in the process of getting the equivalence of my High School Diploma but I must say it is not an easy thing to do because USA does not have an Educational Agreement with Argentina, so I must pass six exams in order to obtain the equivalence.

Does anyone in this forum had to go through this process and could give me some tips on what the best way is to prepare for these exams? I feel overwhelmed.

My intentions are to study law here in Buenos Aires, at the CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY OF ARGENTINA ( U.C.A.) but without getting my high school diploma recognized I would not be able to exercise my profession after I graduate.

I look forward to your replies.

Mirna :)

Do you have a list of the test you are required to take? I have a relative there that may be able to give you some guidance.
Ariel

Thank you Ariel for your reply, here is the list of tests they require us to take:

Educacion Civica: 1º, 2º,3º año
Instruccion Civica: 5º año.

Lengua y Literatura: 1º, 2º , 3º año
Literatura : 5º año

Historia: 3º, 4º, 5º año

Geografia: 4º y 5º año

Six test in total!!! Please note that Educacion Civica from 1, 2 and 3rd. grade must be passed in order to take the Test on Instruccion Civica of 5th grade.

The same thing with Lengua and Literatura, if I pass the 1, 2, and 3rd grade test, I will be able to take the Literatura of 5th grade test.

Let me know if you can give me a hand with this. It is so much information and so little time to study... besides the point that I cannot find the text books at this time of the year... so I am trying to get internet info about the program to study...

My first test will be on December 20th, 2010 on EDUCACION CIVICA 1º,2º AND 3º!!!
Then, I have to take two tests each day, like Geography and History on the 23rd... and so on and so forth...

Too much info for one student to learn... I am trying my best to prepare myself but I am so worried...

I look forward to your reply.

Regards,

Mirna.

Ariel, another thing: how's your film production going? I have a story as well and I lived in USA for 16 years but I was not born there, I grew-up in USA.

I left in 2005... and been to Europe before coming here in August of last year.

Let me know if you are interested in discussing anything related to my life-story.

Regards,

MIRNA

Mirna, as a college student the only one advisement that I can give you is that you must take particular classes with a teacher who helps you to learn fast all that you need to know for those tests, ask to them that teach you the escential, no matter if your calification isnt the best... the important in this kind of situations is get pass the test. I was in the same situation many times and I can tell you that this is a good way to make it well.
Regards, and sorry for my english (I know isn't so good hehe).

IVAN.

Thank you Ivan for your reply. I do not have enough time to find a professor to help me with these subjects. I am researching the internet and taking the info from there and lets see what comes out of it. I am trying my best, but not knowing anything about Argentinian History, etc.

I am positive about learning as much as I can. You had to take these tests as well? These tests are specially for foreigners who need to convalidate their high school diplomas from countries which do not have an education agreement with Argentina.

Regards,

Mirna

You're wellcome mirna. I understand that you said that you have no time for serch for a particular teacher, in that case I can sujest to you take a look at this link from an institute where you can find particular profesors from the whole kind of ciences(look at the right side of the wev page --->)... maby it helps you, or maby not. You'll see.
Regards.

Hi everyone,

I am preparing to take the exams to convalidate my US High School Diploma! does anyone done this crazy thing before? I find it so difficult...

I hear suggestions...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Newcomers Forum 9
A Newcomers Forum 1
J Newcomers Forum 1
L Newcomers Forum 0
Valentina Newcomers Forum 4
Back