Hello Expats, I want to be you!

thisiswarpeacock

Registered
I am getting my things together (and the rest sold :)) for my pending move to Buenos Aires (I will hopefully be joining the rest of you in April). I am a 27 yo female from the US and will be moving to Argentina for language immersion and continuing studies (I am hoping to complete the anthropology program at UBA and continute with linguistics studies most likely elsewhere [fingers crossed, of course]).

If I'm being honest, the idea of moving is scaring the hell out of me, especially since I'll be moving alone. BUT, knowledge breeds confidence so I'll be asking an embarrassing amount of questions from all of you.

I hope you're all well and enjoying such an amazing city!

Cheers!

nice username,fire away,we have stacks of advice on here to give-won,t be all good news though,good luck with your planning and keep in touch.....

HowardinBA said:
nice username,fire away,we have stacks of advice on here to give-won,t be all good news though,good luck with your planning and keep ,in touch.....[/QUOTE

Thank You for the warm welcome! It's funny you should mention my username, I regretted my choice after I had posted this only because it's a silly quote from an even sillier movie and I could easily see it being misconstrued (especially given my nationality). Perhaps not the best choice but, it is what it is at the moment :). Thanks again for the welcome!

"You can not make an omelet without breaking a few eggs, any good cook will tell you that."

"BUT LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COOK!"

I can't pinpoint exactly what it is, but Clue is my ultimate favorite movie. I can't believe you recognized the quote! Made my night :).

Thank you! It's awesome to feel comfortable so quickly asking questions. I will post many of them separately to keep it organized.

Thanks again, you're quite awesome for being so welcoming!

Back