hello, just joined the forum

Plumbers make excellent wages, and so do cabinet makers. There are skilled workers in every trade, but they do not come cheap.

A man-of-all-trades charges a flat hundred dollars a day. A painter gets the same to paint a 3x4 mts. room - just the walls, no ceiling, windows or doors. Paint not included.

Plumbers make excellent wages, and so do cabinet makers. There are skilled workers in every trade, but they do not come cheap.

A man-of-all-trades charges a flat hundred dollars a day. A painter gets the same to paint a 3x4 mts. room - just the walls, no ceiling, windows or doors. Paint not included.
In Argentina???? Are you kidding? For 100 bucks a day he better paints like Caravaggio

In Argentina???? Are you kidding? For 100 bucks a day he better paints like Caravaggio
Try getting an estimate, and we'll talk again.

Painters are grossly overpaid - that's why I do my own house painting. Of course, many paint jobs include rebuilding entire gesso walls. But they charge the same for walls in good condition.

Try getting an estimate, and we'll talk again. Painters are grossly overpriced - that's why I do my own house painting.
I am constantly looking for professionals doing some work in my house, especially carpenters and herreros. I am even prepared to pay double the normal price. However, it is incredibly hard to find them (and i am more or less well connected here.) A 100 usd though is a complete rip off here which doesnt even ensure a good quality.
For simple stuff (albañería and painting) i have a good “Changarin” who cost me about 4500 pesos a day (price 3 months ago). And i am by far his best paying client.

Yeah........no dude, hell no, just come down here with some benjamins, visit, tour the sites then after you are done eating beef and drinking wine all very decent in my opinion, go try to get something done like getting aaaaaaany type of government related paperwork , that'll change your mind right quick and in a hurry and you'll high tail it out of here in no time.
Wages are crap, jobs under the table pay crap, cars are expensive and shitty , service in general is beyond crap, but hey, if you wanna come down and try, go ahead. i would strongly suggest visiting.........just visiting.
Best of luck pilgrim

I have a very good guy for kitchen cabinetry, bookshelves, and "vestidores". Meticulous to a fault.

$100 a day for a painter? If they worked M - F that would be 2k a month. Entry level engineers don't even make that.

Andrew, I changed my mind you can come down here and sucker some expats into paying you good wages :D

Back