Hello!

MichelleGMarshall

Registered
I'm Michelle Marshall and I am in BA for about a month with my husband and son. We are from Dallas, TX, USA. I am a professional portrait photographer. We've traveled extensively and are excited to now have the opportunity to explore Buenos Aires.

I would love to meet some people while in BA!!
Michelle

I'm Michelle Marshall and I am in BA for about a month with my husband and son. We are from Dallas, TX, USA. I am a professional portrait photographer. We've traveled extensively and are excited to now have the opportunity to explore Buenos Aires.

I would love to meet some people while in BA!!
Michelle

Hello Michelle,
Welcome to BAexpats! The Coffee Chat group usually meets on Tuesdays in the public outdoor area of Alto Palermo Shopping.
Look for the thread announcement posted on Mondays.

We meet from 5:30 - 6:30pm at ALTO PALERMO Shopping.
****Please RSVP so we have a guess as to how many chairs to grab****
Those in attendance who wish to stay beyond 6:30pm can do so.

Come and join English-speaking expats for lively and informative conversations.
We gather OUTSIDE STARBUCKS at one of the large tables under the covered roof.

NEWCOMERS are always welcome! Find answers to many of your questions from expats
from different parts of the world who reside year round or part time in Buenos Aires.
Share your experiences with the group. Meet persons with interests in common.

The location is Arenales 3360, corner of Av. Coronel Diaz.
One block from the BULNES station on the subway Line D.

Like Reply

Hello, BA Expats (and Michelle!). Writing to introduce myself. My wife is originally from BSAS, and we spent about half a year here in 1996 before we were married. The internet sure has changed some things. This time we've brought the family (twins, age 6, and our older daughters, 12 and 16). Here for about a month, while she does research for a book she is writing. I am an attorney (criminal defense), working remotely. We live in Boston. We are here for about a month. Good to know about the Starbucks meet up, and I look forward to coming by if we can swing it. One practical detail I'm interested in is if there's an ATM anywhere that charges reasonable fees (I've found one that has a $4000 peso maximum and charges about 5% for the privilege of withdrawing that). Thanks!

Hello, BA Expats (and Michelle!). Writing to introduce myself. My wife is originally from BSAS, and we spent about half a year here in 1996 before we were married. The internet sure has changed some things. This time we've brought the family (twins, age 6, and our older daughters, 12 and 16). Here for about a month, while she does research for a book she is writing. I am an attorney (criminal defense), working remotely. We live in Boston. We are here for about a month. Good to know about the Starbucks meet up, and I look forward to coming by if we can swing it. One practical detail I'm interested in is if there's an ATM anywhere that charges reasonable fees (I've found one that has a $4000 peso maximum and charges about 5% for the privilege of withdrawing that). Thanks!
This is one of those "I wouldn't start from here" answers, I'm afraid. For a short-term visit it's often better to bring cash and change it than to use the banking system with a foreign card. Some places will accept foreign debit and credit cards for purchases and services and they will be subject to the usual feess but not the extortionate ATM charges - remember to take ID since that's part of the transaction process. Some people here use money transfer services - there are a number of threads about them on this site - but I'm not too sure how practical they are if you are here for such a short while, having never used them myself. I'm told that ATMs that deliver ARS500 notes may pay out up to ARS8000 at a time so maybe other folk might be able to direct you to one of those? I used to use ATMs but abandoned them when they became too expensive and now I'm part of the changing cash brigade.

Hello Michelle,
Welcome to BAexpats! The Coffee Chat group usually meets on Tuesdays in the public outdoor area of Alto Palermo Shopping.
Look for the thread announcement posted on Mondays.

We meet from 5:30 - 6:30pm at ALTO PALERMO Shopping.
****Please RSVP so we have a guess as to how many chairs to grab****
Those in attendance who wish to stay beyond 6:30pm can do so.

Come and join English-speaking expats for lively and informative conversations.
We gather OUTSIDE STARBUCKS at one of the large tables under the covered roof.

NEWCOMERS are always welcome! Find answers to many of your questions from expats
from different parts of the world who reside year round or part time in Buenos Aires.
Share your experiences with the group. Meet persons with interests in common.

The location is Arenales 3360, corner of Av. Coronel Diaz.
One block from the BULNES station on the subway Line D.

Like Reply

Will there be a meeting on 9 de julio?

Back