Hello

travis

Registered
I just arrived to B.A. and wanted to say hello. It's my second extended visit here and I'm happy to say it's great to be back. It's easy to forget the little things that make me appreciate this city.

I like walking or taking public transport. It's a nice change from my latest home in Dallas, TX where I drove almost everywhere regardless of the distance.

I love the small shops near my apartment. The meat guy, the vegetable guy, the wine guy, the hardware store guy..etc. All have been extremely friendly and helpful.

I speak pretty advanced Spanish and enjoy working on it. If anyone knows of any intercambio groups please let me know. I used to be part of a talktime group here but the link no longer works.

I have a few Porteño friends but all of my old expat friends from the last trip are no longer here so I hope meet some of you soon.

A little more about me, I'm 45 grew up in Oklahoma. Traveled extensively through Latin America. Am terribly disappointed in both the Republican and Democratic leadership in the states. Enjoy practicing Yoga and meeting good people.

Saludos

travis said:
Am terribly disappointed in both the Republican and Democratic leadership in the states.

Saludos

I'm always curious when I see statements like this. To me you could move to Argentina for a number of reasons but not for improved government. Do you think the government here is better than what you left behind? If so why?

Hello Gbob. Just a statement nothing more. Nor did I move here to find a better yoga studio.

travis said:
Hello Gbob. Just a statement nothing more. Nor did I move here to find a better yoga studio.

Ok, thanks for the reply and welcome back to B.A.

Hola, Travis,

¿Por qué no vas a Spanglish? Muchas personas me dijeron que es muy bueno.

Beso, Sofi ;-)

"Am terribly disappointed in both the Republican and Democratic leadership in the states."

Does this mean you're staying south till there's a change in the politico landscape?

fromtheneighborhood said:
"Am terribly disappointed in both the Republican and Democratic leadership in the states."

Does this mean you're staying south till there's a change in the politico landscape?

OK that was my bad posting that comment. Maybe I had just watched an online segment of Glen Beck. I am not running from the politics in the US. I am concerned though that both parties are spending money that the US does not have. In effect, we are mortgaging our children's and grand children's futures. And unfortunately, I am not seeing any real effort to slow this policy down.

Back