hello

cmmiori

Registered
Hello Everybody:
I just relocated to Buenos Aires from the Washington DC Metropolitan Area after 15 years there. I was born in Washington, DC, but have lived extensively in Central and South America as well as a couple of states in the southern US.
My background is mostly in interpreting, translating, and proofreading. My last job was as a Medical Interpreter at a hospital in Washington DC. I´ve also worked in the areas of Human Resources and Administration. I´m a native English/Spanish speaker and writer.
Buenos Aires is a beautiful city that I´ve had the pleasure of visiting many times. I look forward to meeting and interacting with other expats...maybe getting together to watch the playoffs and Super Bowl!
Hope to hear from people soon.
Carlos

Hi Carlos,
First, Happy New Year 2007!! and welcome to Buenos Aires, aka "La Reina del Plata".
How r u doing these days? What brings you to Bs. As.? Why did u decide to relocate here and not somewhere else in LatinAmerica or the USA?
As u probably have noticed, there r many expats living in Bs. As. Each month, they meet to mingle, talk, and more. I attended 3 dinners.
Anyway, Bs. As. its a great city, exciting, diverse, crazy, hectic, but with lots of charm also. I love its cultural life and different neighborhoods and people.
I have been here for over a year now, and soon I will be going back to NYC. I hope one day to make Bs. As. my permanent residence.
Wish u luck in all you do. Let me know how you are doing......have a nice Super Bowl party in Bs. As.
Cheers!
Marcela (Jazzy is my screen name)

Back