Help! Argentine Cc Restrictions Ruining My Dream?

Huxley1234

Registered
Hello! I'm a long time member here. I'm currently in Montreal and just launched a campaign to fund my new Julio Cortazar movie - a love story about the great Argentine writer.

Only problem is… I am using IndieGogo.com and it looks like a few Argentine friends of mine cant contribute with their credit card (they have no problem with PayPal).

I need to know before all my PR hits this weekend if I need to switch over platforms to something based in Latin America like idea.me. And I would also love to know WHY this is an issue. (We all know Argentinea has messed up regulations. But something black and white would be awesome)

Here's my plea: If you are in Argentina, with an argentine CC… please try and give $1 USD to the campaign. I know thats a ridiculous ask of strangers over the internet but I dont know where else to turn. My porteno friends are "getting around to it" or dont own a CC.

igg.me/at/cortazar

Shit… In the very least: anyone who does help out I will give free tickets to the premiere in BA! It's also going to be an amazing movie :) (If we can figure this out!!!)

ps: I know Im an idiot for cutting out my main market without testing it out. I know….

You should contact IndieGogo.com as I am sure they are the one declining. I use my Arg CCs all over the place and never had a problem.There are no restrictions on CCs, however some online companies consider Argentina - and other countries - high risk so they do not take these CCs.

You should contact IndieGogo.com as I am sure they are the one declining. I use my Arg CCs all over the place and never had a problem.There are no restrictions on CCs, however some online companies consider Argentina - and other countries - high risk so they do not take these CCs.

Thank you. We have indeed contacted them. They said it was not on their end, but their payments processor (the CC).

It is strange. Some people have been able to give. Some havent. It is frustrating because I'd like to know WHY more than anything. And no one has any clear reason, as of yet.

Thanks for the response :)

Thank you. We have indeed contacted them. They said it was not on their end, but their payments processor (the CC).

It is strange. Some people have been able to give. Some havent. It is frustrating because I'd like to know WHY more than anything. And no one has any clear reason, as of yet.

Thanks for the response :)

Chances are you will never get a straight answer and this kind of information is usually kept confidential by both CCs and processors. Just to clarify, a payment processor is not necessarily the CC company. There are many payment processors out there.

Good luck! My husband and I are good friends with Monica Amarilla, she is wonderful!

Good luck! My husband and I are good friends with Monica Amarilla, she is wonderful!

thank you! She is awesome :) Were you able to try it out? I'll send you a free tshirt if you do! Honest. We need help :(

Worst case scenario we have to switch over to Idea.me

Back