Help choosing payment plan for university degree

pixer12

Registered
I am going to be enrolling soon in a master's degree program at Di Tella and I can choose from three possible payment plans. I need help choosing and am hoping someone here will have advice.

The plans are monthly spread across 10, 20, or 24 months, and the nominal total cost is the same for all three payment plans. I understand that for buying things in Argentina, conventional wisdom is to take a longer payment plan because inflation will devalue the real cost of the later payments. But Di Tella says that they can adjust the payment plans to account for changing costs, though they were not able to give me any specific information on when those adjustments might be or by what percentage.

Should I just take either the 20 or 24 month plans and hope it works out in my favor or is there some way I can think about this more precisely? To note, Di Tella is not sure what exchange rate I would be charged (they partner with another entity to process the payments). Most likely dolar oficial, but dolar turista might be an option as I would be paying with a U.S. credit card.

To note, Di Tella is not sure what exchange rate I would be charged (they partner with another entity to process the payments). Most likely dolar oficial,

Then just bring the dollars and exchange them before making payments, or make regular transfers to yourself via WU or MG.
It looks like you should be able to pay to the University in pesos at Banco Galicia or PagoFacil.
Formas de pago

Then just bring the dollars and exchange them before making payments, or make regular transfers to yourself via WU or MG.
It looks like you should be able to pay to the University in pesos at Banco Galicia or PagoFacil.
Formas de pago
thanks for your response -- i'll definitely do that. i'm still confused about how to predict which of the three plans will be cheapest, so please lmk if you have any ideas! someone told me to think about it in terms of how I think usd-ars exchange rates will shake out over the time period and not just about how much inflation there might be.

I am going to be enrolling soon in a master's degree program at Di Tella and I can choose from three possible payment plans. I need help choosing and am hoping someone here will have advice.

The plans are monthly spread across 10, 20, or 24 months, and the nominal total cost is the same for all three payment plans. I understand that for buying things in Argentina, conventional wisdom is to take a longer payment plan because inflation will devalue the real cost of the later payments. But Di Tella says that they can adjust the payment plans to account for changing costs, though they were not able to give me any specific information on when those adjustments might be or by what percentage.

Should I just take either the 20 or 24 month plans and hope it works out in my favor or is there some way I can think about this more precisely? To note, Di Tella is not sure what exchange rate I would be charged (they partner with another entity to process the payments). Most likely dolar oficial, but dolar turista might be an option as I would be paying with a U.S. credit card.

What is the Total Nominal Cost Cash, 10, 20, 24 ? Interest Rate considered? Interest free? Peso Cash payment discount ?

What is the Total Nominal Cost Cash, 10, 20, 24 ? Interest Rate considered? Interest free? Peso Cash payment discount ?
Total nominal cost is about 3 million pesos and there is no difference between the three payment plans. I don't think there is any discount from paying in cash and the two longer plans appear to be interest free (on account of having the same nominal cost as the shortest plan) but the university says it may change the costs depending on their changing costs which I presume means to account for inflation.

Total nominal cost is about 3 million pesos and there is no difference between the three payment plans. I don't think there is any discount from paying in cash and the two longer plans appear to be interest free (on account of having the same nominal cost as the shortest plan) but the university says it may change the costs depending on their changing costs which I presume means to account for inflation.

The 24 payment plan is the BEST choice . Means 24 equal payments of $125.000 pesos, interest free. The First payment amounts to US$332 at the Blue rate The last payment may amount to half that amount in dollars, who knows. Doubt that it's interest free..!! They aren't dummies

My university doesn't offer any plan (perhaps you are an international student?), but every month I get a different amount to pay. It is always going up. They actually give two deadlines: the earliest is cheapest by about 500 pesos. The second deadline is just 5 days later. It doesn't make any sense to me, like many other things here...

The 24 payment plan is the BEST choice . Means 24 equal payments of $125.000 pesos, interest free. The First payment amounts to US$332 at the Blue rate The last payment may amount to half that amount in dollars, who knows. Doubt that it's interest free..!! They aren't dummies
even though the university won't give me any information on how and by how much they might change the monthly payments, is it still safe to assume that the 24-month plan will be best due to inflation?

My university doesn't offer any plan (perhaps you are an international student?), but every month I get a different amount to pay. It is always going up. They actually give two deadlines: the earliest is cheapest by about 500 pesos. The second deadline is just 5 days later. It doesn't make any sense to me, like many other things here...
The university is Di Tella and I'm coming from the US. Not sure whether they offer multiple payment plan options to everyone or just to international students.

Back