Help! Combis For Work

srtamollygreen

Registered
Hi, everyone. I apologize in advance if there is a thread already that I just couldn't find, but I could really use your help urgently.

On Monday, I officially start commuting every day to and from Lomos de Zamora (I am now living in Almagro in Capital).

The problem is I get off at 9pm everyday... and in order to come home, I have to go through Constitución--which is dangerous as you know. A colleague mentioned taking a combi but I do not know how that works.

I did email my manager to inquire... but I honestly have never taken one and am new to the idea. Do any of you use these for work? How does it work?

If my manager leaves it to me to arrange it (they reimburse travel fees), how do I go about it?

Thank you in advance for your insights--they are invaluable as always :)

There are mani combis that go regularly from area to area, and are very popular among commuters. They are more expensive than public transport, but faster and more comfortable (you are guaranteed a seat). However, they don't run as frequent as public transport, so this might not work for you if you don't work regular hours. Also, at 9 PM I think you are off peak hours and stand very little chances to find a combis.

I have tried to run a search for a combi connecting Almagro to Lomas de Zamora but couldn't find any. However, here most businesses are NOT online. I'd ask around both in Lomas and in Almagro to see where are combis headed.

Example: here

There is an underground combi station near the oblesico that has combis that go to zona sur. I've used them before, they are fairly comfortable..probably around 50p each way at this point.

A few keystrokes on Google...!! :rolleyes: From viamonte 1250..!!ç Costo $80 pesos duration 35 minutes. Well no good for you at 9 pm eves. Perhaps in the morning..?

PD ; Lomos de Zamora is something else....

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/noticias/terminal-de-combis-obelisco

http://www.lomasexpress.com.ar/horarios/

http://www.argentina...-de-zamora.html

Combis a Tribunales de Lomas de Zamora

(click en la imagen para ampliar)

Desde Viamonte 1250, entre Talcahuano y Libertad, Capital Federal, servicio de combis a Tribunales de Lomas de Zamora, con salidas a las 07:50, 08:30, 09:10, 09:50, 10:30, 11:10, 11:50, 12:20, 12:50 hs. Nos deja en Larroque y Autopista Pte. Perón (ex-Camino Negro), Banfield, Palacio de Tribunales.

Con regresos desde Larroque 2467 (frente a la salida principal de Tribunales), a las 08:50, 09:30, 10:10, 10:50, 11:30, 12:10, 13:00, 13:30 y 14:00 hs. hacia Tribunales de Capital Federal.

Servicios directos por Autopistas sin paradas intermedias, de lunes a viernes, en días hábiles judiciales.​

Adrogue bus www.adroguebus.com.ar
Lomas Express www.lomasexpress.com.ar
The combi terminal is underneath the Obelisco (entrance on Sarmiento y Cerrito – Sarmiento y Pellegrini)

I'd take the subway or a bus to Constitución and the train down to Lomas de Zamora. Constitución is not more dangerous than Retiro or any other train station area here or abroad.
Now most of the trains running on that line are new and air conditioned.

Back