Help finding one-week apt

sgarlow

Registered
My mom is coming to visit at the end of May and I'm trying to find a place for her to stay. We're near Charcas and Thames and she would like to be close to us. Does anyone have suggestions for where to look other than AirBnB and ByT? I'd like to find her a place that's not too expensive ($US300 or less), especially since it's not the high season anymore, but a lot of the prices seem just as high as they were during peak tourist season.

Thanks.

Soloduenos and Flipkey are alternative rental sites she could try, though I've never used either of them myself. Also, if she's willing to look into the option of homestays (as opposed to a private apt.), I would recommend the site www.homestaybooking.com.

They will advertise the high season price but you should be able to negotiate a better price especially if you are paying in US$ cash.. For example i rent a 35sqm studio in plaza gueme - nothing special but comfortable, just an average place.. i pay US$500 per month all inclusive, so for a week i would expect to pay somewhere between US$200 and US$250..

It is very slow at the moment for apt rentals, so you should be able to get somewhere for a reasonable price.

I would stay away from agencies, and look on craigslist and ask friends. If you are renting direct from owner it is easier to negotiate.

As it is only for a week you might also look into hotel suites. I am not sure what is around your area though.

Back