Help! Is the micro SIM for iphone 4 with data packet available without contract?

Zielor

Registered
Dear All with experience of mobile phone companies,

My friend is coming for a week and needs a micro SIM for iphone 4 as he runs his own recruitment business. Is this available without contract here? Do they even have them now with the import ban? :confused:

Any info is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Yes, you can get a SIM for the iPhone 4 that supports data without a contract.

I've tried both Movistar and Personal. In my experience, Movistar was very expensive for data and I found myself keeping it off until I wanted to use it because every time I used the Internet I would run out of credit.

Personal charges only 1 peso per day for unlimited Internet. For that, Personal won my loyalty.

Personal gave me a normal size SIM, which I cut myself down to microSIM size using a special cutter that I purchased in the US. Movistar can give you a microSIM.

Tortuga said:
In my experience, Movistar was very expensive for data and I found myself keeping it off until I wanted to use it because every time I used the Internet I would run out of credit.

Movistar has 1GB data plan (3G) that works with prepaid. 10 pesos / 2days.

Tortuga said:
Personal charges only 1 peso per day for unlimited Internet. For that, Personal won my loyalty.

I've heard that after first 10Mb speed drops next to nothing, so meaning of "unlimited" is open for interpretations.

I know from experience that both personal and movistar offer microsims to prepaid customers, I assume claro does as well.

Back