Help! Need To Trap A Cat.

RachinBA

Registered
Hey everyone. I've had a lot of drama with one of my cats over the past few months after he escaped and got very sick and had surgery. He was on the mend but is on medication as he has neuro problems, and withut his meds he goes wild. Well I stupidly didnt shut the window properly a few nights ago and he got out out. He is in an Evangelist church on my street, I nearly caught him yesterday but he bit me very badly, I went back today and saw him again but it was completely impossible to catch him, he is wild and this building is big and open with many places to hide. Back home I would have no trouble borrowing a humane trap to get him in but I cant seem to find any info about their availability here.
Can anyone help or has any bright ideas? I'm very worried, he has lost a lot of weight and is probably dehydrated. I have been leaving food for him and it is being eaten but can be sure if it is him.

- A special box to trap the cat (but where to find one in Bs As?).
- Lots of patience (a good book), one kilo of liver and wait.
- Find a female cat in heat (if your cat is not neutered) as the bait.
- Find a separate room in the church which can be closed, place the food inside & wait to close the door.

Patience seems the only solution unfortunately.

Yes, just the problem is that with his condition, he is not behaving like a normal cat, he needs his medicine. He is neitered. Actually he is a eunuch :( his last surgery they had to remove his manhood. I have found a trap for ferrets on mercado libre and they are willing to send it today, it looks like what I need.
This fricken church! It's the worst! Even the separate rooms don't have doors that close properly. And if I was religious, really not the place I would go to worship.

Hi!
If you PM me your email, I'll pass it on to a friend of mine who works at the gatos del sarmiento shelter. I'm sure they can give you some advice, lend you a trap or put you in touch with someone who could lend you a trap...
xx

Thanks Ashley, I actually have a friend who works there too and she said they didnt have traps...I have ordered one from mercadolibre which will serve the purpose if only he will go into it. Hate this situation :(

Sounds like it needs to be shipped out to a farm as a rat killer.

I know of a place in Almagro that treats dogs with mental problems, cats I'm not sure about.

Hello call the Animal Protection Agency:

Tel. 4124- 7900.

They may be able to help, although it sounds like a can of tuna and a good book may be in your future, as said above.

Something similar happened when my cat decided she wanted some adventure. After two and a half days with no food in the empty locale in my building, she came out to me at 3 a.m. You have to consider that the middle of the night is the best because you can hear her and because there is too much city noise during the day for a scared cat.

1) If you haven't started taking antibiotics for the bite - do so. Immediately. Serious ones. Cat bites are not to be taken lightly - I've had several friends wind up in the hospital b/c their cats bit them.
2) Agreed with the late night suggestion - I have one who is terrified of people and when he gets out, he hides up in a tree all day long b/c there is too much activity and too many people. When I call him after dark, he will come back.
3) Tuna or something else that will entice him is a good thing. But again, if he is scared, use the trap, don't try to grab him. It won't end well.

Look for him and bring him a can of tuna fish and some ham. Prosciutto can do wonders... And please be patient.
Once my cat runaway and I rescued her after a week from under a car.

Pay serious attention to City Girl. My husband was trying to save our cat before a looming fight in our front yard. The cat apparently got confused and bit him, probably thinking the other cat had him although the other cat was in full view. My husband ended up with nerve damage and an atrophied hand. It did recover but it took six months. Cats have bacteria in their mouths that can do damage so do beware.

Back