Help w/ DNI for buying a laptop with a card?

I'm not sure which places he's gone to, but these were all instances of him going to buy it in-person. I'll pass on those shop names to him.
When you purchase a locally produced HP or Lenovo notebook, AFIP should not be involved at all. Apparently, small retailers writing off expenses when reselling imported goods to locals.

Hi @julia_en_ruta , the reason the retailers are requesting this is due to paying with the card, it creates a paper trail, and as such, they have to issue a factura (bill of sale) with your husband's CUIT/CUIL/CDI, which he doesn't have yet.

I'm guessing the amount is over the current limit for what's called a "consumer final" factura, and since it's electronic, they can't use the dummy "John Doe" many stores will put in for tourists making say a 40K ARS purchase.

You have a couple choices:

- Pay with cash (you'll likely get a discount too as the owner will just pocket the money and not declare the sale)
- Get a CDI while waiting for your guys' DNIs
- Have an Argentine friend go with their DNI

I recommend some of the stores in Galeria Jardin, on Florida Street, across from the McDonalds, near Florida y Lavalle; I've paid with cash, USD or ARS, no need to handover my DNI/CUIT.

Good Luck!

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on this! For anyone wanting to hear a resolution, the answer ended up being "just go somewhere else". We got a friend's DNI as a backup and we looked into getting a CDI (which we may still do in the future), but on the way to deal with that he popped in to a different store and had no issues using his passport.

An example is the Asus 15 notebook with Intel Core i7 processor with 8GB memory and 512GB disk, which in Argentina is available for $817,000 ...
The prices mentioned in the article are at least 2.5 times higher than the actual prices, I think. Here is a similar computer for 310k pesos, for example.

Back