Help with my MacBook

Bron

Registered
Hello,

After having my macbook for 4+ years, it's full of crap and has begun to run really slowly. I've tried deleting tons of stuff from my hard drive (music, all garageband projects, photos, and videos) but the disk is still full.

I'm sure there are obvious and things I could do to improve the functionality, but I'm mildly computarded and I'm at the point where I'd pay to have someone take a look at it.

Send me an email ([email protected]) if you can help me out. Thanks!

Bron said:
Hello,

After having my macbook for 4+ years, it's full of crap and has begun to run really slowly. I've tried deleting tons of stuff from my hard drive (music, all garageband projects, photos, and videos) but the disk is still full.

I'm sure there are obvious and things I could do to improve the functionality, but I'm mildly computarded and I'm at the point where I'd pay to have someone take a look at it.

Send me an email ([email protected]) if you can help me out. Thanks!

Do you want to do a clean install (are you running leopard or snow leopard?) or do you want to retain some files and just get the computer running faster?

Back up everything to an external disk, select everything you think you still want and then format the drive and reinstall the OS. If you're like me, 95% of the crap on your computer is stuff you'll never miss.

I'd like to retain some files and just get things running faster.

I would agree with the fresh install... Its the quickest, and easiest fix... I usually do a fresh install at least once a year..

Back