Help with Western Union app

Redpossum

Registered
So, a while ago, I was grousing about not being able to use my WU points. Somebody said you need to use the app. So I installed the app on my phone, but when I try to log in it gives me that "check your username or password" error. I've double-checked the password, and tried again carefully, with same result. I can still log in to the website on my desktop with no problem. I was not logged in on the web when the app rejected my login, so it's not a double-login error.

I'm not real great with smartphones, so I thought I'd ask here and see if any of you have any ideas...

does it have a location block? not sure if you use VPN when using it on your PC, if so perhaps you could connect via VPN on mobile then try again.

does it have a location block? not sure if you use VPN when using it on your PC, if so perhaps you could connect via VPN on mobile then try again.
Thanks but no, I do not use a VPN on my PC. I have one, obviously, but I don't use it when logging in to WU

So, a while ago, I was grousing about not being able to use my WU points. Somebody said you need to use the app. So I installed the app on my phone, but when I try to log in it gives me that "check your username or password" error. I've double-checked the password, and tried again carefully, with same result. I can still log in to the website on my desktop with no problem. I was not logged in on the web when the app rejected my login, so it's not a double-login error.

I'm not real great with smartphones, so I thought I'd ask here and see if any of you have any ideas...

If you created your account on the Western Union site for the USA, you should download the app for the USA. It's not the same as the one for Argentina, even if they look similar visually.

I'm 99.99% sure I've used WU points to offset service fees and I've never used the app.

I'm 99.99% sure I've used WU points to offset service fees and I've never used the app.
I have too, in past. But for about the last year or so, it hasn't been working.

I now have over 200 WU points accumulated, but when I purchase a discount, it's not applied to the next transaction like it should be. I have talked to customer service about this twice now, and both times they claimed the problem was fixed, but it wasn't.

Quilombo is correct. If you have your phone set as Argentina for the region/country you may have to change that temporarily in order to download the US app. Apple let’s you change back and forth. I think Android you can only change once every 6-12 months. So if you have Android and you switch to the US you may not be able to download Argentine apps for awhile. Quilombo sent the link for the Android app. Here is the iPhone app

Back