Attorney in BA

Jul 21, 2009
Ashley said:
The only way for you to get "legal" again is to leave the country. If you go to immigrations to pay the fine after your visa has already expired, they can't give you a 90-day extension - they'll just let you pay the fine there, instead of at the airport and give you 3 (or is it five) days to leave the country. People only do it to avoid the queues at immigrations in Ezeiza/Buquebus. I've heard of people getting hassled at immigrations coming back in but not refused so I doubt you'll have any problems.

There's the answer to your last question.

If you are getting married to an Argentine, or to a foreigner that has temporary/permanent residency, you can apply for that as well. Be sure to request all the documents you will need as they could take some time to obtain (birth certificate, police records from the places were you've lived for the past 5 years, etc.). You can see a list of all the requirements here: How to enter and stay in Argentina.