Hi..and hope you can help..^.^

Eekers

Registered
Hello all,

Would be grateful if you could give any advice on what type of visa I can obtain (sorry if been asked a million times already!)

My circumstances are this:

I am self employed via net
I have an income from an investment
My brother has lived in Argentina for 17 years and has 2 kids born and raised there.

I am from the UK, but am currently living in Asia (for 3 years now).

I would like to look into moving to be with my brother and niece and nephew as i miss them.

Any idea of what my options would be?

Thanks so much for your time!

Hi again ^.^

Have a feeling this thread will fade away, but, before it does, can anyone offer a few pointers in where to look regarding which visa? Is there a site/link for visa specific queries?

Thanks so much! :D

Eekers said:
Hi again ^.^

Have a feeling this thread will fade away, but, before it does, can anyone offer a few pointers in where to look regarding which visa? Is there a site/link for visa specific queries?

Thanks so much! :D

I think your best -temporarily- solution would be a tourist Visa (3 months) and renewable every 3 months, just going to Colonia (Uruguay) same day.

Maybe others with more experience could chime in.

If you can demonstrate an investment income of at least $2500 pesos per month (I suggest higher is better now as that is an "old" figure) that will continue without interruption while you are living in Argentina, you should be able to qualify for the visa rentista. You will need to have an accountant or bank officer certify the income and provide documentation (bank statements showing the appropriate deposits). It is advisable to show that you have been receiving the income for at least six months prior to applying for the visa and that you will continue to receive the income for two years.

Here are the requirements from the website http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/

DOCUMENTACIÓN A PRESENTAR A FIN DE SOLICITAR RESIDENCIA COMO: RENTISTA (ART 23 INC B DE LA LEY 25871)

RENTISTA NO-MERCOSUR

DOCUMENTACIÓN PERSONAL A PRESENTAR

IDENTIDAD.
Cedula de identidad, pasaporte o certificado de nacionalidad con foto, originales. Estos documentos deberán encontrarse vigentes, en buen estado de conservación y con un juego de fotocopia completo (inclusive hojas en blanco).

INGRESO.
Sello de ingreso al país estampado en el documento de viaje o en la tarjeta migratoria.

PARTIDA DE NACIMIENTO.
La misma deberá encontrarse legalizada por el consulado argentino del país de origen del documento o apostillada.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES DEL PAÍS DE ORIGEN.
Deberá ser emitido por el país donde residió los últimos 5 (cinco) años anteriores a su ingreso al país.
Solo exigible a mayores de 16 (dieciséis) años.

CERTIFICADO DE ANTECEDENTES PENALES ARGENTINOS.
Emitido por Policía Federal Argentina (Azopardo 620, Ciudad Autónoma de Bs. As.) o Registro Nacional de Reincidencia (Tucumán 1353, Ciudad Autónoma de Bs. As.) solo exigible a mayores de 18 (dieciocho) años

Tasa de radicación $ 600

DOS FOTOS 4x4 COLOR

Toda documentación expedida por las representaciones consulares en territorio nacional, deberá contar con la legalización del Ministerio de Relaciones Exteriores Argentino (Arenales 819, Ciudad Autónoma de Bs. As.)

*constancia expedida por un gobierno, organismo internacional o empresa particular que certifique que usted recibe una renta, originada de manera licita y proveniente del exterior, superior a $ 2500 argentinos mensuales (disposición DNM 2/94, decreto 1023/94), en forma regular y permanente, en la República Argentina.
A fin de acreditar los extremos deberá presentar documentación que avale su carácter de rentista, como así también el monto y duración de la misma.

*constancia del banco recepcionante del monto del beneficio otorgado,
En la que se certifique que el dinero será transferido a un banco dentro de
La República Argentina.

LA RESIDENCIA A OTORGAR SERÁ TEMPORARIA

IMPORTANTE:

• Toda documentación expedida en el extranjero deberá contar con la legalización del Consulado Argentino, sito en el país emisor del documento o Apostillada, si el país hubiera ratificado el Convenio de La Haya.
• Toda documentación expedida en idioma extranjero deberá contar con la traducción al castellano efectuada por Traductor Público Nacional (Art. 6º Ley 20305) y legalizada por el Colegio de Traductores en el cual el profesional estuviera matriculado.
• La documentación a presentar deberá ser original e ir acompañada de su respectiva fotocopia, a fin de proceder a su certificación.
• La Dirección Nacional de Migraciones podrá solicitar, si así lo considerase necesario, documentación adicional a la detallada.

I thought as well that there was a visa for those who wish to live here whilst being paid from abroad... but i may be wrong -
When i was getting married i went to the British Embassy to ask what they knew:
They state that they can not help you with the process in any way, but they do have a basic file explaining all of the options available (there are visas for priests...are you religious??!!). It is useful because it is in English and it helps you get an idea before coming... I recommend you come, with all papers necessary and start with a tourist visa. then apply here. Dont apply to any embassies/consulates outside - i have heard they can take their time...

thebookcellar said:
Dont apply to any embassies/consulates outside - i have heard they can take their time...

They can also charge you fees (100 euros per person, e.g.) that don't exist.

I had been coming here for long periods since being 2007, every 3 months i would leave argentina just to get a new tourist visa, sometimes just the boat ride to urugury.
Then last year i decided to apply for the rentista visa when i went home to NZ, and i must say it was piss easy, had it in a week.
All i needed was a letter from my bank stating that i had investment funds/income to provide 2500pesos each month, a birth certificate, and a police criminal record check, and then fill out a 1 page appilcation form, and then met the argentine consul for 10 minutes, he took everything plus passport, and made finger prints and that was it.
One week later the passport and visa papers to be handed to immigration the next time i entered argentina were delivered to me by post.
From what i remember i think it cost about NZ$120, which at the time was about US$80.. it wasnt very much anyways.

I cant thank you enough all for SO much info!

I had no idea about the rentista visa or how simple the process is for it. MUCH simpler than the hoops they have me jumping through here in Thailand visa wise!!

So, would you think it would be possible to fly to Argentina and get the visa on arrival (which will give me 3 months), then, during the time there, apply for the rentista visa..or will I have to go apply for the visa via the UK (my home country) first?

Even if you are unable to answer this..im very grateful for how much info you provided for me.

Thanks so very very much again!

Back