Hi everyone !

ivan

Registered
I've been in Baires for 4 months now, but I just came across baexpats and it looks useful.

I grew up in France, lived in the UK for about 10 years and then decided to relocate here in Argentina. Oh and I'm an IT guy..

Hi Ivan!

I'm Carrie from the US. I've been here a couple months so I'm new too. Welcome! ::)

HI Iåm new as well, Iåm Swede, relocated to NY, have my girL my stuff and my life there, but my job here, last year we roamed all the way down down Southern South America, and after spending time in Uuguay,Chile and here, I got a job and Iam living in B.A. oncve again, n ot bad, I have family, a couple of friends and, at least in my neighbourhood, there's this laid back pedestrian feeling even though every day löife is going on......Ejoy your stay, actually I know my way around quite a bit, as I said I have family here and as a kid lived here, so if you need help with anything let me know.'

And yeah, studying Idiosyncracies is one of my hobbies, and the Argies are such interesting verrboragic peopl, for a lonely foreign rambler like me there's always something on.

I also introduce myself so hi all, I prolly know you, but you will just get to know me, I'm a little weird sometimes, but in the end you'll see it's a privilege to have a transnational young geezer like me i9n the forums.....I know I have Ghists, Bad Imitations and such, but yeah it's me the Legendary Dan, finally on BAExpats, enjoy the ride!

BTW Iåm Staying in the Palermo/Abasto border, where y'all located? sorry if there's a specific thread for that. Do you take security measures? As of Now I'm carrying around my Law Enforcement grade pepper Spray and my trusty Swedish Steel Boliden Knife cause I had drunken locals jumping on me and the Pepper spray is legal according to my attorney, well I guess I look the part of a foreign and still I'm flashy so it's different for everybody, but well just one week ago I had a very ugly episode I'd rather not recall thast's forcing me to think that maybe I should get a taser, cause the policer here is a joke, they are there to ask for bribes but whenever you need them for your personal safety thy are talking about anal sex, damn argie pigs, one piece of advice donåt mess qwith them, and if you do try to not get your embassy involved, it's all petty they are just filling quotas searching for bribes, even if they make up a case it won't get thru, things are tough and being a foreign that lives as a local seems to piss a lt of people off and I can understand it, but hey argies have toi get over that damn foreign=rich mindset they have, I'm not rich by any standards, lol tyou could even argue I'm poor by International standards, but the treatment I get here as if being foreign living here mans Iåm rich fucking pisses me off......sorry for the swearing, dunno if it's allowed, sorry if I broke any guidelines, just wanted to give my impressions of the streets of B.A. as of late, I'm a noicturnal animal, so we are speaking late in the am......but actually I've witnessed more hardcore stuff in broad daylight.....then again I saw more violence in a week in downtownBostonthan in 3 years in Palermo, oh demography

Back