Hi Everyone!

vanessacamozzi

Registered
Hey there I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is Vanessa. I recently moved here to Buenos Aires with my husband. We've spent the last ten years in Washington, D.C. and decided to come to Buenos Aires to open up our restaurant --which has been a long term goal of ours for quite some time now!!! My husband is from Argentina so it's nice to have all of his family here but we are both getting adjusted to living here in BA--as it's definitely different from life in D.C.

Our restaurant will be located in the Palermo Hollywood area on Costa Rica (entre Fitz Roy y Humboldt) it's going to be a fusion of Japanese and Taiwanese food and we will be serving up some great cocktails too! It's called Fukuro Noodle Bar. You can check out our Facebook page and I would love your support if you would "Like" our page too ;-) I'm really hoping that our restaurant is a place where everyone can meet up and feel super welcome whilst enjoying great food and great company. We're hoping to open very soon in early August.

Also I just wanted to let everyone know that tomorrow and Sunday the "Buenos Aires Market" is taking place. If you haven't checked out the website check it out for more info-- it looks like a great event:
http://www.buenosairesmarket.com/

I look forward to meeting everyone soon and I am so happy that this is an awesome built in community as it's not always easy being in a new place. I am hoping to one day become fluent in "castellano" and the Argentine way of life BUT for now I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

Sincerely,
Vanessa

I saw your twitter feed, or an advert somewhere before, really looking forward to trying the restaurant.

Don't put off learning the language, really do take lessons asap. You will get so much more from the cultural stuff going on in the city. Look forward to the opening.

Good luck!

I saw your twitter feed, or an advert somewhere before, really looking forward to trying the restaurant.

Don't put off learning the language, really do take lessons asap. You will get so much more from the cultural stuff going on in the city. Look forward to the opening.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! Yes you are sooo right about learning the language ASAP. All the best.

Back