Hi, Looking For A Thai Restaurant In Ba, Any Idea. Thanks

Thanks Mizz Marr,
I lived in Bangkok for a few years, love the food, the people and their culture. Hopefully, Sunae is an authentic Thai food. Would give it a try.
thanks, Terry.

Thanks Mizz Marr,
I lived in Bangkok for a few years, love the food, the people and their culture. Hopefully, Sunae is an authentic Thai food. Would give it a try.
thanks, Terry.

Sunae is excellent, but it's more accurate to call it pan-Asian.

I used to think Lotus Neo Thai was fantastic, and was a regular visitor to their old location in Las Cañitas since 2004 or thereabouts. The last few times I've been, however, the food has been tremendously subpar. Last time I went, we ordered Pak Tod and asked specifically that it be light, crunchy and not oily (after a couple of terrible experiences there in the past). It was the worst I've had in my life, greasy and rubbery, and they wouldn't fix it/ insisted upon charging us for our 99% untouched dish. It actually made me vomit pretty instantaneously in their bathroom (sorry for the TMI but it was food poisoning level bad, no lie), so we had cut the evening short.

A shame, because their cocktail/ tiki bar setup on the roof is really something, but we got there at 8 and they would only let us sit at the bar even though we were the only two people on the terrace (and ordered a starter and drinks) until ONE other couple arrived an hour or so later. Will not be going back there ever again - looking forward to discovering Cocina Sunae because there is no way I'd ever go back to Lotus now!

My husband & I like Kaffir Thai. Really good food, fresh ingredients and great service. Address is: Tres Sargentos 427 Buenos Aires Argentina (Av Cordoba & Reconquista; Next to Bar Baro). Tel 54-11-4312-5709. During our first month here while staying at a nearby hotel we went weekly for an early dinner and tried different dishes and we were never disappointed. Highly recommend Kaffir Thai.

http://www.guiaoleo....ffir-Thai-10380

Went there tonight with friends based on your recommendation and it was good. Ordered a shrimp Panang curry and asked for it to be spicy; and it was really, really hot. Appetizers were all good, but Pad Thai and Mango sticky rice not so much. This restaurant was known as Empire Thai before, but changed owners and name about 1.5 years ago. Its nearby to us, so we will go back and recommend.

You should take a Thai cooking class in BKK. The local people can't take a hot spicy Thai food and it is not easy to modify it.

nik

Would love to try these places, but afraid that hubby will run out screaming. I tried to make thai food at home--at first I halved the spicyness, then I just put in a pinch, and wound up having to make coconut soup instead of a curry. :(

Making curry, best to use coconut powder (called coconut cream on the box). Coconut from the Can or Bottle, contains too much water. Using the coconut cream, allows you to adjusted the liquid the way you please.

All the best,
Nik

Phuket has GREAT pad thai (totally like the thick noodle variety found in Thailand) but the coconut milk (Tom Ka Gai) soup is not what you would hope it would be. Nor is the chicken patay.

Back