Hi there

Pearly

Registered
Hello - I have recently taken early retirement (only 48) and plan to spend some time travelling and meeting people on my way - I am a social animal, according to my friends. My first stop in a few weeks time will be Buenos Aires, which I plan to use as a base for a few months, improving my Spanish and getting a feel for Latin America again.

Looking forward to meeting people and exchanging information when I arrive. Have read a fair bit on this site, some positive, some negative, but plan to make my own mind up, although all information is useful.

John

Thanks Tex, not sure what the envy is for - The early retirement or the travelling around, but I'll take it

well...I retired at 38 and travelled throughout Argentina from Jujuy to all the way south. Do not forget to go to ANTARTICA!!!

I retired at age 51 in order to help my wife raise our young childen while she worked. It was fine for a while, but when they grew older, I wanted to go back to work. If you have a hobby, or can keep busy, that's fine, but if you sit in front of the TV watching 24 hr. news, and worry about the problems of the world, you will go crazy. I returned to work after 8 years of retirement, and am content with my job. When you are older, you don't have to sweat the small stuff that makes younger workers mad.

Texas Longhorn, I am the proud father of two longhorns and one aggie!:D

Back