Hi

AuntJarrmann said:
In my defence, United are officially, actually, genuinely my local team. And I've never been to a match. But I do know a lot of the words to that song they did with Status Quo.

No need to be defensive....it sounds like you don't know much about football, which is good. I can make things up when we're arguing about football and you'll never know any better :D

Ugh! Bad timing, United just scored against Arsenal

I'm in Zona Norte too--would love to meet up...though I am a yank if that's okay LOL Also, haven't met up with Howard yet...could be a good excuse. Whattya say, Howard?

citymike said:
Not really. I come from Fallowfield, they don't let me in the posh parts ;)

Ah, Fallowfield... One of my best friends lives there (she's a massive City fan too).. opposite the Drop Inn, which (as you may or may not know) is now renamed the "Ram and Shackle". Loving the idea of Stretford as posh. I shall do my best not to shatter that illusion ;)

TexanPaul said:
I'm in Zona Norte too--would love to meet up...though I am a yank if that's okay LOL Also, haven't met up with Howard yet...could be a good excuse. Whattya say, Howard?

This sounds like the beginning of a Plan :)

citymike said:
No need to be defensive....it sounds like you don't know much about football, which is good. I can make things up when we're arguing about football and you'll never know any better :D

Ugh! Bad timing, United just scored against Arsenal

I know almost literally nothing about football.. feel free to pull the wool over my eyes.

Aunt jarrmann - If you want to meet a lot of us all in one place, then check out the post in the Events Forum for the Next Hash House Harriers Run, which takes place tomorrow, in Acassuso.

Don't get too worried about the fact that it says run - There are plenty of people who walk the route too, you don't have to run. If you don't have a clue what this is, it's a social group that get together every two weeks, take a little run (or walk) then enjoy a few beers, good food, and good fun. It's all fun, and a great way mto meet people - ex-pats and locals alike. Howard and myself will both be there tomorrow, and all are welcome.

PS - Talking of Manchester, I went to Salford University and worked at the CIS for ten years or so, back in the 90's....

Liam3494 said:
Aunt jarrmann - If you want to meet a lot of us all in one place, then check out the post in the Events Forum for the Next Hash House Harriers Run, which takes place tomorrow, in Acassuso.

Don't get too worried about the fact that it says run - There are plenty of people who walk the route too, you don't have to run. If you don't have a clue what this is, it's a social group that get together every two weeks, take a little run (or walk) then enjoy a few beers, good food, and good fun. It's all fun, and a great way mto meet people - ex-pats and locals alike. Howard and myself will both be there tomorrow, and all are welcome.

PS - Talking of Manchester, I went to Salford University and worked at the CIS for ten years or so, back in the 90's....

Thank you! I am going to try to make it, and if I can't do this one I'll come another time, it sounds great fun :)
Hope the rain clears up... though of course those of us who have lived in Manchester are very used to such damp weather ;)

I would like to join for a beer or cofee..

wellcome aunt..
iam from ecuador

yes let,s do just that.I hope to see some of you at the hash tomorrow....and Texan Paul,shout em up,could kill a few beerssssssss

Back