Hi!

juanquaglia

Registered
Hi! I live in Buenos Aires and I'm looking for English speakers to improve my English. Maybe I can help you with your Spanish in a "language exchange". Tell me if you are interested!

Hi Juan. Thanks for posting. I think there should be a "forum" set up to encourage non-financial exchange somewhere on this site.

Could lead to something - elsewhere alternative "exchange" currencies are not new but are becoming mainstream - one example is the Brixton Pound

http://www.marketingmagazine.co.uk/news/1158741/Brixton-Pound-triumphs-Marketing-Design-Awards-2012/

Im sure there are people around who can describe more local examples.

With regards to your OP it would be helpful to know 1. what level is your English and 2. whether you are looking for a qualified teacher or an unqualified tutor - both categories are regular posters on here and tend to be looking for payment and finally 3 what are your qualifications to teach Spanish (other than as a native speaker)?

But that would be very complicated, I'm looking for something simpler. I already have an English teacher, but I discovered that the classes are not enough, and I learn much faster chatting with natives. So I'm just looking for someone to practice English in my free time, maybe in a Starbucks. My English level is upper intermediate, and I'm in Belgrano, Buenos Aires (Las Cañitas). I'd be glad to help people in any level of Spanish. Not to replace a language course, of course. Just for practice.

Juan, after reading your posts I must ask why you feel your English needs help. Your English is extreamely good. Might I suggest that instead of looking for native English speakers to help you with your English, you might offer your services to help THEM with their English. It can be at times disturbingly horrendous.

Juan, after reading your posts I must ask why you feel your English needs help. Your English is extreamely good. Might I suggest that instead of looking for native English speakers to help you with your English, you might offer your services to help THEM with their English. It can be at times disturbingly horrendous.

Well, thanks! But it takes me a while to write each post XD

Oh no Juan, don't do that. Half the people here won't even put in the effort to read your posts, and the other half (as you have already seen) wouldn't offer anything of value.

I could help you out with English and learn tiny bit of Spanish (maybe), however, I am currently studying full time and don't have a lot of time so Skype may be the only viable option for me at the moment.

I understand that's not what you're trying to do though so hopefully someone who can put in the effort to actually read your post (which was plenty clear by the way) and lives around Belgrano can help you out.

Hi Juan, I'm living and working in Buenos Aires and always looking for a chance to speak more Spanish. Like you, my language level is quite high - I have a degree in Spanish and lived in Madrid before moving here in April - but I need to practice more to bring up my fluency. You still looking for someone to intercambio with?

Hi Juan, I'm living and working in Buenos Aires and always looking for a chance to speak more Spanish. Like you, my language level is quite high - I have a degree in Spanish and lived in Madrid before moving here in April - but I need to practice more to bring up my fluency. You still looking for someone to intercambio with?

Yep, thanks! I'll PM you.

Back