High 'expensas' : Future of apt. living in BA

I've been checking out places to rent in Belgrano lately and a lot are charging $700-$750 for expensas. Insane!

Big difference from the $92 I'm paying now.

In my barrio privado, there are about 150 houses. Security 24/24 and so on.

7 months ago, expensas were 330
4 months ago, raised to 430
last month, raised to 480

About a 45% increase in half a year !

Most of the apts I've been looking at have expenses in/around 1000$ a month range. Including some very large buildings with 100+ apartments. Granted, those apartments usually offer lots of services which explains the expensas.

For our 50m2 (+ 30m2 patio) in a 5 y/o Caballito torre that has somewhere around 50 apartments, we pay anywhere between 250-400 pesos in expensas per month. The encargado is ok, but mostly seems to get paid to stand around in front of the building, sweep the lobby and take the garbage out daily. There is a (small) pool and SUM on the terrace. Oh well, now I can see from the rest of you that we're not paying quite as much as some of you--I can't imagine forking over 1k pesos a month just in expensas!

If I were to buy I would also not consider anything other than a PH or a smallish building without a portero.

I tell you what I get for the expensas...miserable-as-sin doorman earning 9500 a month. Still can't get over that!!

expensas are becoming as big a rip off as taxis.

I have a flat in Villa Crespo 42 sq. mts in a tower with security, janitor and 2 helpers, nr of flats 207, tennis court in the building I pay 400 pesos (extraordinary expenses) but they haven`t started any new works yet to improve the building which in general is well.
I don`t think expenses will go back to 300 pesos that we payed one year ago.

Back