High Quality Argentina Products

Review of the knives?
We got this set: https://www.bokerarbolito.com.ar/articulo/749/stand only available in red and blue at the moment. They do feel like a premium product, thin blades and the anti-adherent covering on the blades does make it noticeably easier to cut. However, a real review will have to wait until we see if they lose their sharpness, or if the covering on the blades flakes off, or if anything breaks.

Oh, and while I'm here, if anyone likes to drink wine, I've been ordering from http://www.vistandes.com/en/ in Mendoza, we went on a vineyard tour last year, and were impressed with their Gradum Carmenere, apparently Vistandes is one of the few producers of Carmenere this side of the Andes.

Gradum Carmenere 2015: $500 / bottle
Gradum Malbec: $380 / bottle
Malbec Rose: $220 / bottle
Malbec Joven: $195 / bottle
Malbec Reserva: $280 / bottle
Cabernet Joven: $195 / bottle
Torrontés: $250 / bottle

Payment on delivery or by Mercadopago, transport costs for my order (4 cases to Buenos Aires) are $600 with Brio, $1000 with Andesmar, approximately. Contact details are on their webpage. Enjoy!

Thanks for the Arbolito recommendation, we bought a set last week. Their webpage said they were ramping up production and would be delivering from August 20, but we got them on Saturday already.

Even if I am in my expat bubble and insulated from a lot of what affects Argentinians, I see nothing wrong with supporting high quality local producers. And that bubble can be imaginary, as the member who tried to troll me for buying Kobe beef might want to take note... last time I had Kobe delivered, a neighbour letting herself into the building said to the delivery man, "oh, I didn't know you deliver to more people here".
That comment did strike me at the time as narrow minded, ignore. Totally agree with your attitude, why not come to Argentina and buy top beef and wine!

Has anyone had luck finding high quality linen or cotton-linen bedsheets + blankets made in Argentina?

Has anyone had luck finding high quality linen or cotton-linen bedsheets + blankets made in Argentina?
I'm not sure if this fits the bill, but we got Danubio 400-thread Egyptian cotton sheets at La Primavera Casa on the corner of Federico Lacroze and Ciudad de la Paz near Olleros station. Danubio have a webpage as well, it looks like you can order online.

I'm not sure if this fits the bill, but we got Danubio 400-thread Egyptian cotton sheets at La Primavera Casa on the corner of Federico Lacroze and Ciudad de la Paz near Olleros station. Danubio have a webpage as well, it looks like you can order online.

Thanks Frank! I'm specifically looking for linen (i sleep super warm and would like to be comfortable this summer) but i'll keep those in mind if i can't find what I'm looking for

Thanks Frank! I'm specifically looking for linen (i sleep super warm and would like to be comfortable this summer) but i'll keep those in mind if i can't find what I'm looking for

We gave up and finally ordered some and brought them back from the states. Even in Brazil linen sheets were very high.

We got this set: https://www.bokerarbolito.com.ar/articulo/749/stand only available in red and blue at the moment. They do feel like a premium product, thin blades and the anti-adherent covering on the blades does make it noticeably easier to cut. However, a real review will have to wait until we see if they lose their sharpness, or if the covering on the blades flakes off, or if anything breaks.

Looking forward to the follow up. Can you tell if they are full tang? From the picture they had on site I couldn't tell.

Looking forward to the follow up. Can you tell if they are full tang? From the picture they had on site I couldn't tell.
I'm not going to be able to tell with the ones we got without an X-ray, the polypropylene handle covers everything. The handle is heavier than the blade, if that's any indication. They do show the tang ("espiga") on some of their other models in the catalog.

Back