High-Quality Olive Oil

Jerbo

Registered
Do any of the foodies on the forum have a recommendation for high-quality olive oil?

Please provide brand name, where you purchase it and price.

Thank you.

Zuelo has a nice flavor to it. You can get it at New Garden and possibly some supermercados.

There are also some organic brands that are really flavorful. The names are slipping my mind but you can find them at Casa Munay on Scalabrini and Guatemala or at Alma Zen on Medrano at Plaza Güemes. At both these locations, you can talk to the store owners about the products.

Restaurant UCO, in Hotel Fierro (on Soler in Palermo Hollywood) does olive oil tastings now. Really good stuff.
I know that's not exactly answering your question, but if you're into premium olive oils you may want to check it out.

I buy 15-20 liters of Petrus at Feria Caminos y Sabores on July. It is not sold in CABA during the rest of the year. They make it in La Rioja, which is a province that for me has the better wines and oil of the country.

At that Feria there are many oil producers and you can taste samples from several varieties. This year it is going to be held from July 5 to 8.

Cocinero Olive Oil , for every day use, available at Jumbo supermarkets, and Coto. Price $172? for a liter . Also at some Chinos.
For top of the line go to Jumbo imports section and look for Italian Olive Oils. Zuelo $323 per liter. Some Oils $600 per liter

For organic extra virgin $850 for 5 lts.

http://www.unmundoaceitado.com.ar/aceites-de-oliva/aceite-de-oliva-extra-virgen-organico-varietal-arbequina-x-5-litros/

391349.jpg

438866.jpg

Try La Acequia. I'm not sure of the current price. I usually get it at Piaf on Dorrego and Niceto.

I buy 15-20 liters of Petrus at Feria Caminos y Sabores on July. It is not sold in CABA during the rest of the year. They make it in La Rioja, which is a province that for me has the better wines and oil of the country.

At that Feria there are many oil producers and you can taste samples from several varieties. This year it is going to be held from July 5 to 8.

How long does the Oil lasts, 20 liters for me would suffice for 40 months ....!

In the USA most of the top brands are not pure, their mixes, with only about 65% being olive oil. There were a few real ones, Cosco's Kirkland brand was 100%

A top quality, Cold pressed , Virgin Olive Oil does not admit mixing...!

If you visit an Olive Oil plant in Mendoza/Cuyo the Olives are pressed Cold under a huge round Mill-Stone like using donkeys to turn the Wheel... (true)-

The remaining pressed Olives are then processed with steam or solvent to extract the left Oil.
(

Several reputable wine bodegas are producing premium oils. Zuccardi has two levels, and we like them both. Available at Frappé.

Back