hip surgery

mendoza70

Registered
Any body had hip sugery in Argentina? Italian hospital has a good surgeon. Now how to pay for it? I have explored OSDE to death. not much of an option when you consider one has to pay for almost 18 months before getting all the benefits.
The medical is still a mystery to me.. all these plans , all these conditions ,all in Argentine thinking

In that case you should speak with someone from Osde on the phone first for a personal interview and explore your case and then you can see other options and make a decision.
You also have private hospital like the Italian, the German and the British I heard they are good.
regards
Reina

I have gone to the office of OSDE and spoken with them in person.. My experience with Argentine and the phone is well. one step removed.. Osde will make us pay into their plan for 18 months. yes Italian Hospital has a good orthopedic department. Now the question is how to pay for it.. There really does not seem to be a way at all.. I have talked to just about every one about this cheap medical seguros in Argentina but it seems to be a myth.

ok well try again. My partenr needs hip surgery hwo can we pay for it. OSDE is nto cuttin it. too old preexistign condition have to wait 18 months. any new advise?

Would a public (i.e., state-funded) hospital perform the surgery?

mendoza70 said:
. . .. I have talked to just about every one about this cheap medical seguros in Argentina but it seems to be a myth.
It is cheap in comparison to costs in the United States (not, I know, in comparison to costs in Western Europe -- but they haven't the same problems with huge numbers of illegal immigrants sapping medical services, litigious wastefulness, etc.).

Check the health plans of the private hospitals - especially the Hospital Aleman and the Hospital Italiano. They both offer plans with coverage similar to OSDE's, at lower prices, but without access to the wide cartilla of hospitals and providers. And I think I recall that their waiting periods are more manageable.

The other viable pregago for health care is Galeno. Although I have OSDE, I was in one of their hospitals for an emergency apendectomy last summer and enjoyed care at a level that sbsolutely astonished me. They may have a better policy for pre-existing conditions.

Still, you have to realize that it would take some time for your premiums to amortize the cost of hip surgery, so it's understandable that these companies don't want to risk you signing up for one month, paying one month's premium, and quitting after the surgery. You might ask about pre-paying a year's premiums, to see if they would waive the waiting period.

Good luck!

thanks JIm.. that does help.. The MD we have been talking to has been very good.. so a plan directly to Italian hospital makes sense. I will go there in Auguest.

mendoza70 said:
thanks JIm.. that does help.. The MD we have been talking to has been very good.. so a plan directly to Italian hospital makes sense. I will go there in Auguest.

Could you explain more about the Italian hospital? Where is it located? What is the main difference between the Italian hospital and OSDE?

Back