Hominis Insurance-OBGYN

NOLAchef

Registered
Hi-

I recently signed up with Hominis and am stoked because this is the first time i've had health insurance in years! And only 200 pesos a month! So i'm taking full advantage and getting everything checked out, especially considering there are no deductables! Last week I saw the dentist and I will be making appts with an obgyn and a dermatologist as well. Does anyone else have hominis and could possibly recommend an obgyn? If they spoke ANY english that would be ideal, but if not no worries. I've seen two different doctors at the german hospital since i've been here and I did not have positive experiences. Mostly because they misdiagnosed me saying that nothing was wrong and that it was all in my head. And then when the pain got so bad I went to hernandez and got an accurate diagnosis, my first UTI. not fun! so obviously i am not the biggest fan of the medical system here and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks ladies!

Hospital Fernandez, sorry for the typo. It's in Palermo on Av Cervino y Bulnes.

The best argentinian doctors usually attend international conferences in their theme. The near to best doctors are updated with journals, abstracts, special magazines. Before that, while going to the University, they had to study with many books and papers written in English. So, as a conclusion, if they are responsible, updated doctors, their technical English is perfect.

To be brief, ask the receptionist if the doctor has academic activities or if the doctor is subscribed to the main international magazines of the doctor's field.

Regarding the different diagnosis between Hospital Aleman and Hospital Fernandez, let me tell you that your diagnosis might had changed since the first one was done. Both Hospitals are among the best ones of the city, the Aleman is private and Fernandez is public.

There is a tradition in Argentina where the doctors with a deep vocation of service go through the hospital career, because they have to acchieve challenges all the time. Also, most of the chiefs of service are profesors at the university, so they are very well informed of non usual diagnosis and the last trends in technonology and/or medicine.

You might use the search engine of this forum to find out about doctors in town, also English spoken.

Hi!

I'm actually looking for insurance myself. Can you please tell me what type of documentation they required?

Thanks!

What plan do you have? I've had a wee peek at their medical directory online (Cartilla, cuerpo medico) and all I saw in most of the plans was the Sanatorio Guemes which is actually OK as far as I know.
I've got this clinic in my healthcare directory and even though I've never been there myself some of my coworkers do use it and are quite happy about it all in all. I couldn't name any Obgynos really but I have a coworker who's currently pregant and has been to the Guemes a couple of times when having an emergency (like spotting and the like) and she stongly recommends their obgynos.

Not sure if they work with Hominis insurance but Dr. Patrica Granja 4771-3104 is WONDERFUL and speaks excellent English. Not an OB, but great for gynecology. Also, OBGYN Dr. Juan Carlos Procaccini 5787-0147 speaks English and comes highly recommended.

Back