Horrible Restaurant: La Coqueta José Evaristo Uriburu 1680

LeoNubarron

Registered
This is indeed one of the worst restaurants i went in my life, the food was okay but the service horrible.
The restaurant had decent prices but when the check came they added 50 pesos for lemon ,olive oil and vinegar which they wrote on the receipt with handwriting at the last moment. Me and my friend spoke English so they assumed they can charge us extra.
Me and my friend gave the amount on which we agreed to pay and left the restaurant. And they pursued us, and we said that I say one thing, they say another lets let the police settle this.
When the waiter heard police he pushed my freind, the cashier, who had more sense to himself blocked the waiter and we got out of there.
Worst customer service ever.
Me and my friend are going to call the police and file a complaint and call the owner of the restaurant.
I advise for everyone if they are ever in such a situation to just stand in the restaurant while there are customers there and tell them u have no problem waiting while they bring the police to settle the dispute.

Make sure you post this on Trip Advisor, Guia Oleo, Yelp, Facebook and file a complaint with defensa al consumidor. These establishments should be put out of business ASAP!! Also go to the fiscalía and file a complaint against them there. It's located at Bartolomé Mitre 1735. Here's the link: http://www.fiscalias.gob.ar/al-habitante/fiscalias-en-lo-penal-contravencional-y-faltas/unidad-fiscal-sudeste/

i cant stand defensa al consumidor, they only deal with 500 pesos and up anyways. All Defensa Al Consumidor want is to get money out of businesses and businessmen WITHOUT CONCERN FOR JUSTICE.
but the other places are fine.
never heard of fiscalia. what is that for?

i cant stand defensa al consumidor, they only deal with 500 pesos and up anyways. All Defensa Al Consumidor want is to get money out of businesses and businessmen WITHOUT CONCERN FOR JUSTICE.
The fiscalía is the office of the public prosecutor. It's one of the few government offices where they will take your complaint and swiftly handle the issue. I've dealt with them several times, once over a building consorcio issue and once when I had a problem with a business in the ground floor of a building where I lived that made noise all night and was a serious fire and safety hazard. Both issues were resolved within a short period of time.

Do you still have the receipt? Check if it says "Factura A" ("A Invoice"), or the letters A, B or C somewhere on the top. If it says this, it is a legal invoice, if it says "no valido como factura" (not valid as invoice) or "talon de pago" and/or the letter "X", this means it is a fake invoice. (very probable considering an extra item has been added up)

Police officers many times are provided with food freely, and sometimes even with free bottles of beer. Try to choose a better restaurant, and post the invoice with the handwriting somewhere on the internet.

i dont have the receipt sadly...
secondly if the police wont do anything i will tell the competitor next door and the police at the same time.

i dont have the receipt sadly...
secondly if the police wont do anything i will tell the competitor next door and the police at the same time.
You should report them to AFIP for not giving you a legal receipt. Not providing a receipt to a customer is a serious offense in AFIP's eyes and agianst the tax code.

This is indeed one of the worst restaurants i went in my life, the food was okay but the service horrible.
The restaurant had decent prices but when the check came they added 50 pesos for lemon ,olive oil and vinegar which they wrote on the receipt with handwriting at the last moment. Me and my friend spoke English so they assumed they can charge us extra.
Me and my friend gave the amount on which we agreed to pay and left the restaurant. And they pursued us, and we said that I say one thing, they say another lets let the police settle this.
When the waiter heard police he pushed my freind, the cashier, who had more sense to himself blocked the waiter and we got out of there.
Worst customer service ever.
Me and my friend are going to call the police and file a complaint and call the owner of the restaurant.
I advise for everyone if they are ever in such a situation to just stand in the restaurant while there are customers there and tell them u have no problem waiting while they bring the police to settle the dispute.

I wouldn't have just left the restaurant. That type of behavior is just as low as them not advising you they were going to charge recargos for the oil. I've had that happen before and I told the waiter that it was ludicrous to pay $10 for two tomatoe slices on my tostado, and that he should have told me beforehand that it costs an extra $10. He spoke to his manager and it was taken off the bill.

If they're not giving valid receipts than you can let Defensa del Consumidor know. I did that with a shoe store about eight years ago and they got into trouble. The police aren't going to do anything about restaurants charging extra for condiments. They're too busy chasing chorros and ladrones and letting them go a day or two later.

the key is here is to threaten to report it to AFIP, no defensa del consumidor, or police or anyth else needed tbh.

Some restaurants are very abusive as soon as they realize we are not Argentinians, they tend to fleece the foreigners.

Back