Hotel Contacts?

Aussie1

Registered
Hi all,
Im fairly new to BA (2 weeks).
I was a Hotel General Manager in Australia and now Im hoping to find similar work here. My spanish is still basic but Im learning. So I am relying on hotels looking for English speakers. Not sure how I will go??
Does anyone have any personal contacts that I might be able to meet in person to get a foot in the door.? Regional Managers / Human Resources / or hotel owners here in Argentina?

Please send me a private message if so.

Thank you so much.

Sorry to say this, but you came to the wrong plae looking for a job.
This country is bankrupt(not metaphorically speaking, but really broke).
Here people work for peanuts, speak English or not.
Any way, good luck

LOL. Actually I didnt really have a choice. Im married to an Argentine and she had to return for personal reasons. So here I am and now just seeing if there are any contacts out there.

HenryNisental said:
Sorry to say this, but you came to the wrong plae looking for a job.
This country is bankrupt(not metaphorically speaking, but really broke).
Here people work for peanuts, speak English or not.
Any way, good luck

Aussie1 said:
LOL. Actually I didnt really have a choice. Im married to an Argentine and she had to return for personal reasons. So here I am and now just seeing if there are any contacts out there.

Please excuse him mate he is from Argieland and as you found out complaining about everything and anything it's a sport down here. :)

Welcome and all the best for you, there is a continuous an incipient tourist boom in this country that you should be able and surely exploit with your profession and expertise skills, good luck.

Hi Lucas,

You are absolutely right about Argentinians complaining about everything and never growing up. I am Argentinian but living abroad and considering my move back to Buenos Aires, and it helps me your observation about an industry that is growing there... going up in a certain way because I was of course never told by the Argentinians I know that an activity was being developed succesfully in Argentina!

if you have the money get a hostel, i saw one advertised on craigslist.. sounds like fun!

Depending on your transport situation and where you live, I wonder if you wouldn't have some more luck with hotels out towards Pilar. What is your experience? A lot of the big chains have hotels / spas on the road heading out to Pilar, and with their rates, I suspect most of their visitors are tourists! The Sofitel has opened a big complex in Zona Norte, but there's also the Sheraton etc. Some of the boutique hotels in the Palermo area may be interested, unfortunately now is not really the time to be looking for a job. Positions in tourism will probably already be filled for the temporada, and then nothing really happens here until March... the entire city kind of goes dead. Anyway I think you're just going to have to get out there knocking on doors, unless someone on this board comes up with some direct contacts for you.

Suerte!

The general manager of the Hilton in puerto madero is a real nice fellow, his name is Tilo Joos, phone number 4891 0144, he may be able to give you some tips.

Back