Hotels in Colonia? Help!!!!

NYCExpat

Registered
Hi All!
I'm off to do my visa stamp run tomorrow and I noticed the change in the ferry schedule. Looks like I will need a hotel room in Colonia for 1 night. I would like something close to the ferry, but still a decent hotel.

Any suggestions? :)

Best advice: Just stay here in Argentina. You can pretty much stay here indefinitely and just pay something like a $70US fine when leaving the country.

Huh, what change in ferry schedule? I'm also on visa run tomorrow, but ferry times seems fine, over their early afternoon, back at night time after around 6 hours.

Everything in the old center is walking distance from the Ferry. If you're along the Ramblas/River, you'll have to take a short taxi.

It's off-season there now, so there should be plenty of things available. I would just google or whatever.

I got a place near the Ramblas during high season for something like 80 USD by googling. Don't remember the name though. Colonia is pretty much a no-sweat kind of place, built around welcoming people from BA.

deeve007 said:
Huh, what change in ferry schedule? I'm also on visa run tomorrow, but ferry times seems fine, over their early afternoon, back at night time after around 6 hours.

I was taking the 11:40 pm ferry from BA and returning on the 4:30 am from Colonia in the summer months. It seems like those ferries are not running in the winter months.

Oh, wow, that's some night owl schedule! ;)

But thanks for clarifying, you had me worried there!

Back