How Can I Get Back In The Country? Please Help.

Oh please. This person obviously didn't realize what they were doing otherwise would have made sure they arrived on time to the airport and made sure to pay the fee before the went to customs so playing dumb wouldn't be too far off course for them. Never did I say ooh yes let's all screw over Argentina by sneaking into the country. Did you not notice my remark below saying they should try and pay the fee online if that option exists? So sick of the snarky attitude many people on this forum have towards people seeking help and advice.
that whole " i didnt know " excuse works where exacly? In America, nobody cares if you " didnt know ". try telling it to the police, the feds, the irs, homeland security. They will laugh in your face and throw you in jail. That excuse works for children, not grown ups. If you are an adult, at least a responsible one, it is your job to know the laws in the country you travel to, especially the immigration laws. If you pulled half the sh*t you pull here in America, most of you would have been deported by now. Stupid is as stupid does.

that whole " i didnt know " excuse works where exacly? In America, nobody cares if you " didnt know ". try telling it to the police, the feds, the irs, homeland security. They will laugh in your face and throw you in jail. That excuse works for children, not grown ups. If you are an adult, at least a responsible one, it is your job to know the laws in the country you travel to, especially the immigration laws. If you pulled half the sh*t you pull here in America, most of you would have been deported by now. Stupid is as stupid does.
Ha! I agree 100 percent. As I said I don't agree that people just ignore the laws and believe everyone should get the correct visa if they want to live in Argentina. So thank you for assuming even though I clarified earlier that I felt this way.

You can read the decree here: http://www.migracion...cion_899_13.pdf

It is perfectly legal to leave the country without paying the fine as of August 2013. Those who don't pay it before returning (via the internet) won't be allowed to enter, however.
thanks for answering the OP's question. And mine. It does make sense and seems the sensible thing to do, otherwise they would have alot of stranded passengers. Good thing I have legal residency and dont have to worry about constantly violating immigration laws.

Ha! I agree 100 percent. As I said I don't agree that people just ignore the laws and believe everyone should get the correct visa if they want to live in Argentina. So thank you for assuming even though I clarified earlier that I felt this way.
sorry if i misread your post. seems were on the same page, at least as far as illegal immigration is concerned.

How can someone not know that over staying is bad and creates problems? The immigration stamp in your Passport isn't just a momento. If you over stay your tourist visa in the states by even a day you probably will never get back into the country again. It never came up in conversation during the "year and 8 months" you were here???

How can someone not know that over staying is bad and creates problems? The immigration stamp in your Passport isn't just a momento. If you over stay your tourist visa in the states by even a day you probably will never get back into the country again. It never came up in conversation during the "year and 8 months" you were here???
their dog ate their homework? its the airlines fault? damn sneaky argentines? they didnt read the fine print where it said 90 DAYS in bright red or blue ink? they somehow thought argentinian laws dont apply to them since theyre amerikun?

their dog ate their homework? its the airlines fault? damn sneaky argentines? they didnt read the fine print where it said 90 DAYS in bright red or blue ink? they somehow thought argentinian laws dont apply to them since theyre amerikun?

I'll take note of your attitude here the next time you ask a valuable question for which I have the answer.

Back