How Can I Get My Pesos Out Of Argentina?

mariano-BCN

Registered
HI,
i've a considerable amount of pesos stored at a deposit at Banco Nacion. I left Argentina days after the end of the cepo and will travel soon there.
One of the things I'll try to do is to get the pesos at Nacion to my Spanish bank account, in euros obviously.
Last time in BsArs things were not really clear and hopefully things are more clear now. But from what I understood it's still impossible to send your money out of Argentina to a foreign bank account.
I don't to buy cash dollars and bring them in my pockets to Europe. We r living in the 21st century!

Several possibilities:
1. Open an Argentinean Pay Pal account and little by little send it to your Pay Pal account elsewhere. I can't open a Pay Pal in Argentina 'cause I don't have an Argentinean credit card and this is 'cause I don't have a regular income in Argentina (than god! imagine the stress that could mean!).
2. Buy dollars at the official market and bring it little by little to a bank account in Uruguay and send it though home banking to Europe.
3. ?

does anybody has experience with this? Any suggestions?

Eventually you will be able to just withdraw your pesos with your debit card abroad. The law is already in place but not all banks have made the necessary changes yet. Check out this article from La Nacion from Feb 16:

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1871444-el-cepo-se-levanto-pero-continuan-las-trabas-para-varias-operaciones

They write that (as of Feb 16, 2016) only Santander Río, Macro, BBVA Francés, Credicoop, Hipotecario, el Banco Ciudad, and Banco de Tucumán have enabled the possibility to withdraw from your pesos account abroad.

Another option would be to open a USD account at Banco Nacion, exchange all pesos to dollars and then withdraw them abroad with your card.

Also a wire from Argentina to your current residence might be an option.

thanks r2d2 but:
1. I asked Banco Nacion already if I could withdraw money with my debet-card in Europe and I can't, I already tried. They don't know when it will be possible. Changing of bank is not an option: it was incredible difficult to open a bank account, I went through all the banks there and Nacion was the only one where I could open a bank account.
2. Open an US-dollaraccount at Nacion is indeed an option, thanks.
3. A wire is for the moment not an option, I asked them and their answer was simply "no es posible".

You can buy bitcoin. Or there should be several Euro expats here that can help you (sorry, I live in Patagonia, else I would be happy to transfer some Euros in exchange for mid-rate cash here, which would benefit both).

thanks r2d2 but:
1. I asked Banco Nacion already if I could withdraw money with my debet-card in Europe and I can't, I already tried. They don't know when it will be possible. Changing of bank is not an option: it was incredible difficult to open a bank account, I went through all the banks there and Nacion was the only one where I could open a bank account.
2. Open an US-dollaraccount at Nacion is indeed an option, thanks.
3. A wire is for the moment not an option, I asked them and their answer was simply "no es posible".

Buy some expensive online domain or a online business or a commodity which exists only in the cloud. And then sell it again and receive payment only in USD or Euros.

How much money you are even talking about? Less than 10k usd or much more? First is for the pocket obviously. Second also, if you have time. But why they told you its impossible to send? Because you are a foreigner? Because I went to ask citibank and piano for transfer and there was no problem, you pay between 30-120 usd fee (or 4.4% up to 100.000 usd) and they exchange using official rate.

Officially you can send usd 2mio, so it should be possible. Of course in both banks first they told me "impossible", and when I didn't quit they sent me to people that deal with that. For bank is very profitable business, so I don't understand, why they would avoid transferring money.

Find someone that wants pesos here and has a bank account outside fo the US who can wire money to your bank in Spain. If you can't get the bank to send it.

Find someone that wants pesos here and has a bank account outside fo the US who can wire money to your bank in Spain. If you can't get the bank to send it.

Both Mariano and that person could face laundering charges unless they can prove the origin of the funds. Europe is very strict on large money transfers.

Not sure what the difference is between making a cash exchange here and receiving money there would be. A bank statement form from here to show where the money came from, a note or receipt from the person he does business with for the transfer - either way, under good circumstances here he's sending a wire from a bank here to a bank there, or alternatively a bank from another country to there with notes as to the provenance of the money. I don't see a problem.

Back