How Javier Milei Could Change Argentina

Following the severe recession of 1998-2002 almost anything was good.
You do know that from 2003 to 2009 economic growth was close to 10 % every year inflation was less than 20 % and the peso was stable . The minimum wage in Argentina at that time was the highest in the americas it was a great period !

You do know that from 2003 to 2009 economic growth was close to 10 % every year inflation was less than 20 % and the peso was stable . The minimum wage in Argentina at that time was the highest in the americas it was a great period !
So growth was 10% and inflation was 20% and that's good? Relatively it was I guess but universally it's still very shite. Peronism does not and never did work economically.

So growth was 10% and inflation was 20% and that's good? Relatively it was I guess but universally it's still very shite. Peronism does not and never did work economically.

Inflation has been a constant here for 50 years or more . United states has also huge inflation if you consider that in the 1960s one man working could support his family . 2003 to2009 were great times with a lot of hope .

... 2003 to2009 were great times with a lot of hope .
That was only due to very favorable short term commodities boom and even then they couldn't break even. As soon as the boom ended reality came home.

The dollar has been forever losing value but not property and stock market. Boomers from the US et al who bought property and invested fairly wisely have generally done well and are able to live in Argentina quite comfortably - also thanks to the economic failures of Peronism.

Neither has J x C, look at the Macri administration, as an example.

"...minimum wage in Argentina at that time was the highest in the americas"

Do you have a source for this?

"...minimum wage in Argentina at that time was the highest in the americas"

Do you have a source for th

Yes I do Argentina had by far the minimum wage most highest in the americas in 2010 . From 2007 to 2015 it was the most highest in Argentina. It was US $ 440 per month in 2010 . In 2015 it was close to US$ 600 per month Now its less than US$ 160 per month just 35% of that amount in 2022 and with costs of food and rentals higher in us dollars than 2010 . There are many mistruths about previous governments here . There were periods of great prosperity under Peronist Governments as well as disasters !

Please look at the links

Last edited:
ah yes. another ah pero macri

I don't support any particular political faction, but it's remarkable how many of you don't see that all factions are corrupt and contribute to the problem. Instead, you insist on blaming one party or another. I find this mindset laughable. Until there's a change in this way of thinking, no real progress will be made.

Yes I do Argentina had by far the minimum wage most highest in the americas in 2010 . From 2007 to 2015 it was the most highest in Argentina. It was US $ 440 per month in 2010 . In 2015 it was close to US$ 600 per month Now its less than US$ 160 per month just 35% of that amount in 2022 and with costs of food and rentals higher in us dollars than 2010 . There are many mistruths about previous governments here . There were periods of great prosperity under Peronist Governments as well as disasters !

Please look at the links

The links you provided don't appear to support your assertion.

Back