how justify the income for the visa rentista?

steveinbsas said:
The required investment for the business visa may have recently changed. I think ElQueso recently "quoted" a figure, but wasn't certain if it was accurate. The "official" figure will be in pesos and when the dollar and the pesos were 3 to 1 and the amount quoted in dollars on "residency" websites was or stated as $100,000 pesos (about $34,000). It would be lower now if the peso amount has not changed, but it also could be higher due to a chance in the regulations.

Hopefully, a business visa can be granted to a married couple without doubling the required amount. This is one visa that you certainly need the assistance of a lawyer and/or accountant.

I admit to being confused a bit by what is the difference between two types of visas.

In one, an investor has to invest no less than 1,500,000 pesos in a "productive activity." That was the one I was talking about that had recently been raised from 500,000 pesos.

In another, the visa requires one to incorporate a company (ie. to open a locutorio in my friend's case, or an art dealership as Steve was suggesting) and be the managing director....there is no requirement of minimum investment.

The above were taken out of an email from my lawyer.

I also admit to being confused if these are residencies or only visas. I thought they were programs for residencies, but my lawyer used the word "visa" in his email, so I left them that way. Either way, it lets you stay int he country unquestionably legally if that is a concern.

Davy, don't worry about your lack of understanding of English! You seem to be doing ok, and since this is a rather technical subject (not just everyday conversation), just keep asking if you don't understand something :)

By the way - Cordoba is a nice place to have selected. If I didn't have things tying me down in Buenos Aires, I'd most likely move there. Mountains, lakes, friendly people, etc.

ElQueso said:
I also admit to being confused if these are residencies or only visas. I thought they were programs for residencies, but my lawyer used the word "visa" in his email, so I left them that way. Either way, it lets you stay int he country unquestionably legally if that is a concern.

I'm fairly certain that the term "visa" applies to residencies. There are basically three types that are available to most foreigners:

Visa transitoria = tourist visa (good for 90 days and may be extended once for 90 days).

Visa temporaria (rentista, pensionado, investor, etc.) = temporary resident visa (subject to annual renewal).

Visa permanente = permanent resident visa (good for life, but holder must be in Argentina at least one day every two years).

Buenas!

The way is a little bit clearer now. I found something similar tot the "trust" in France : "a Life insurance with scheduled repurchases" I don't if the traduction is correct...

So, a part of my immigration file could be resolved!

We're not married, do you think that for Migraciones it's better if we suscribe 2 contracts separated ($1000 of income each month) than just 1 with our 2 names (with $2000 mensually) To have a more coherent file? Because we shall probably deposit each our own file, I suppose.

A last request! Concerning the Birth Certificate : do they need the complete copy or just an abstract of birth certificate (with filiation or not?)

Thanks a lot,
Buen fin de semana,

Davy

Steve,

When you wrote : "An original "copy" of the trust agreement should be attached to the cover letter from the bank, which explicitly refers to the details of the trust"

What do you mean by "original copy"? Is it a certified copy or a notarized copy?

Tx again

Back