How long does your dental cleanings take here?

USAtoBA

Registered
Joined
Sep 23, 2025
Messages
63
Likes
38
My dentist was done in 5 minutes, 10 tops today. Only scaled a few of the lower teeth. I floss brush blah blah blah very regularly and take good care of my teeth, he said everything looked good. Is it normal to be that quick?

100,000 pesos lesson learned either way.

Thanks.
 
My dentist was done in 5 minutes, 10 tops today. Only scaled a few of the lower teeth. I floss brush blah blah blah very regularly and take good care of my teeth, he said everything looked good. Is it normal to be that quick?

100,000 pesos lesson learned either way.

Thanks.
Been there, done that… dental care in Argentina would appear to not be very good, as evidenced by Argentinians’ teeth.

You need a periodontist for this, unfortunately mine has gone. If anyone has a recommendation for CABA or Zona Norte I would very much appreciate it.
 
It's common that dental work here is speedy, but it doesn't mean it's not quality work. Had two fillings re-done by a dentist at hospital Aleman, it was covered by my plan medico. I went in, sat down...she had me hold the little suction device to catch my drool and she was done in about 20 minutes, something that would have taken double/triple the time in the U.S. The original cavities were filled by a real hot shot expensive Michigan Avenue doctor in Chicago who charged a fortune and also conned me into two 'deep cleaning' sessions, each visit at his office lasted no less than 45 minutes.

During the pandemic, I had to have wisdom teeth pulled in the U.S. and went to a local family dentist. I had some follow-up cleanings while I was up there. They said the fillings were very well done and seemed shocked when I told them how fast the dentist had filled them here in Buenos Aires and how the Chicago doctors work lasted no more than 1.5 years before his fillings fell completely out of my teeth.

My cleanings in the U.S. take about 30 minutes and I only go once a year in either locale, for reference. My dentist up there says my teeth are in great shape so while my cleanings here are also about 10-15 minutes (and they aren't as brutal), I'd say they do the trick. I also don't have much to scrape off and take real good care of my teeth. I feel like maybe you just have teeth that don't truly need too much scaling. Though, I feel you shouldn't have had to pay $100,000 for that service, seems excessive. I'm lucky to have cleanings/dental included, so not sure the average price for a cleaning. But, if that's the going rate it seems I might need to change professions.
 
Back
Top