How long for Mercosur temporary residency?

FrankPintor

Registered
Asking for a friend, does anyone know how long it takes to get a Mercosur temporary residency now? Any recent experiences? Say from uploading and submitting everything to getting the appointment at Migraciones (which generally results in a "visa precaria" with the right to work, on the same day...?

I have the same question, been waiting a month since all the documents were uploaded to Radex...

Asking for a friend, does anyone know how long it takes to get a Mercosur temporary residency now? Any recent experiences? Say from uploading and submitting everything to getting the appointment at Migraciones (which generally results in a "visa precaria" with the right to work, on the same day...?
I started on 25th OCT. All documents submitted by 12th JAN. Precaria expires tomorrow. I'm not going to take a trip to Colonia. Migracion is dysfunctional. Just wait and be patient.

I started on 25th OCT. All documents submitted by 12th JAN. Precaria expires tomorrow. I'm not going to take a trip to Colonia. Migracion is dysfunctional. Just wait and be patient.
You might want to go to migraciones and let them know that 90 days had passed and you hadn't gotten any reply for the 'turno' date. Sometimes an application got overlooked and forgotten - happened to me years ago. I went to the office on the 89th day and told the agent that I hadn't received anything from them - she was mighty surprised and insisted I must have received an email, but after looking at the file online just gave me a 'turno' for the next day. I asked her a few times what exactly the problem was - alas, as you can guess, just a shoulder shrug...I had all my paperwork with me and could have finished the process in 3 minutes, but she refused saying they were way too busy. Mind you it was 1.30 p.m. and there was about a dozen of them 'rascando las bolas' - and nobody but me on the other side of the glass. But it's definitely worth to go let them know, otherwise you might be waiting forever ( if that's the same case as mine was ).

Precarias have to be renewed prior to the expiry date. This requires the applicant to request the renewal no earlier than 10 days prior to the expiry date. It is quite normal for a precaria to expire without Migraciones having completed its processing of the application. (In some cases the precaria needs to be renewed several times while Migraciones drags its feet.) You don't have to go to Colonia, but you can't just do nothing either. I think you need to formally request renewal of the precaria: go into your case on the system and press the button at the foot of the screen ("Solicite renocacion de su precaria") that requests renewal of the precaria. Then check each day to see that they have issued you a new precaria in the system (it will be downloadable and printable) with a new expiry date. If you don't see this after a few days, you should probably go and talk to them in person. I believe there is a short grace period after the expiry date to still renew it. If you don't do this, I think your process will lapse and you may have to start all over again.

(The above applies for non-Mercosur. If you are Mercosur, perhaps things work differently.)

Precarias have to be renewed prior to the expiry date. This requires the applicant to request the renewal no earlier than 10 days prior to the expiry date. It is quite normal for a precaria to expire without Migraciones having completed its processing of the application. (In some cases the precaria needs to be renewed several times while Migraciones drags its feet.) You don't have to go to Colonia, but you can't just do nothing either. I think you need to formally request renewal of the precaria: go into your case on the system and press the button at the foot of the screen ("Solicite renocacion de su precaria") that requests renewal of the precaria. Then check each day to see that they have issued you a new precaria in the system (it will be downloadable and printable) with a new expiry date. If you don't see this after a few days, you should probably go and talk to them in person. I believe there is a short grace period after the expiry date to still renew it. If you don't do this, I think your process will lapse and you may have to start all over again.

(The above applies for non-Mercosur. If you are Mercosur, perhaps things work differently.)
Well, that is certainly food for thought. It expired yesterday. I will lean on the holiday lapse for a grace period and try to renew it online as you suggest. To start anew would be a deal killer. Thanks Alby for your help.

Good luck. You have to work your application on the system. Keep an eye on each precaria expiry date. Do not plan travel out of the country around that time. Request renewal in the system between 10 and 1 days prior to the date. Make sure you are in the country at the time of requesting the renewal and don't leave the country until the new precaria is showing in the system. Monitor the system to generate and print the precaria once it has been issued. Go and see them if it hasn't been issued despite your having requested it. Be patient.

Or engage a lawyer or tramitador to do all the above for you.

Back