How Safe Is Ba Tap Water ???

Older tanks that had wooden interior lining can be dangerous due to fungus and rotten woods, algae, etc. Happened to my apt in California.. Legionary's Disease.!!!! :cool:
There are no roof top tanks in CA. They use water pressure plus pumps. Tanks aka Buenos Aires style are very unsanitary and don't hold up in a seismic zone.

There are no roof top tanks in CA. They use water pressure plus pumps. Tanks aka Buenos Aires style are very unsanitary and don't hold up in a seismic zone.

There are some old residential water towers in our neighborhood in Oakland, but I don't think any of them function for storage any longer. They're simply architectural relics, some of which have been adapted for other uses.

In my building they clean the water tanks twice a year. It's the law. They put up signs when they're going to do it.
We just have to put up with no water for 24 hrs. At first I though it was some sort of scam since the cleaning fee is added to the maintenance.
But then I checked & found out it's the law.

In my building they clean the water tanks twice a year. It's the law. They put up signs when they're going to do it.
We just have to put up with no water for 24 hrs. At first I though it was some sort of scam since the cleaning fee is added to the maintenance.
But then I checked & found out it's the law.

I had it done at my house when I moved in. 1200 pesos for the two tanks. Good for piece of mind. I don't think roof tanks are unsanitary, between showers, toilet flushes dishwashers, washing machines, my maid who waters the sidewalk, etc I don't think it water sits for very long at all.

Speaking of tanks. The roof tank at the house had been empty for years when we moved in. Without the water, the inside of the access door rusted in a second and so we changed it. Here is what the inside of the old one looked like.

5klzra.jpg

yunmy right?

I grew up in the Midwest drinking well water but I have a hard time drinking the brown river water from the tap here so I only drink bottled.

We tested the water in our apartment for lead, bacteria, etc, using this water test:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBMAVQ/

It came up clean, but we only tested the cold water.

Reactions: Joe
Back