How to acclimatize to the humidity?

pixer12

Registered
I've been here for five months (and I've lived here before) but I just can't seem to acclimatize to the humidity. Is there anything I can do?

A few weeks ago, when it was similarly warm, I was on the subte and I was dripping with sweat even as the other passengers all seemed to be fine. I'm from a humid place (NY) but I was living in a dry climate right before moving here this time, and it seems my body is stuck in dry climate mode.

i don't know if there is much you can do beyond just exposing yourself regularly to it. go for walks outside to exercise and sweat, maybe that helps build up tolerance.

but as a native houstonian, i can't say that i am ever used to the humidity. you just find ways to adapt and tolerate :)

I've been here for five months (and I've lived here before) but I just can't seem to acclimatize to the humidity. Is there anything I can do?

A few weeks ago, when it was similarly warm, I was on the subte and I was dripping with sweat even as the other passengers all seemed to be fine. I'm from a humid place (NY) but I was living in a dry climate right before moving here this time, and it seems my body is stuck in dry climate mode.
I feel you. I am the same. I will be dripping in sweat when everyone else is just fine. Last summers heat wave, I didn't leave my apartment for three days. The humidity was brutal. But, I live here so I just live with it.

I feel you. I am the same. I will be dripping in sweat when everyone else is just fine. Last summers heat wave, I didn't leave my apartment for three days. The humidity was brutal. But, I live here so I just live with it.
I resemble this post. Nothing much to do I think (losing weight might help, in my case at least), but otherwise I use the air conditioning to dehumidify the air in my apartment to some extent (it's possible to get dehumidifiers, I had one when I lived in Guayaquil, but I haven't looked here), and I check the humidity on my phone to see what's expected when I go out. Over 75% becomes uncomfortable. Definitely no jumpers or jackets, loose light clothing if possible. Subte wagons and buses are often air conditioned, and if standing or waiting anywhere, try remaining in a draft, in a doorway, or wherever the air is in motion and as far from other people as possible.

I spent most of my life living around the Great Lakes and there are many words I'd use to describe Buenos Aires but humid isn't one of them, not that your guys' feelings of humidity aren't real/valid, I just feel blessed as I can finally enjoy a nice Summer day (minus heat waves) without feeling like I'm in a sauna.

It's 26ºC today here, the same as the last place I lived abroad, and I have the windows open while my friends have the AC on because it's 11% more humid.

I breath much better here than in my old New York workplace where windows were not supposed to be opened and we breathed all day the same recirculated dry air with either heat or a/c, and the least I had was permanent stuffy nose. My nostrils are much happier now.

I breath much better here than in my old New York workplace where windows were not supposed to be opened and we breathed all day the same recirculated dry air with either heat or a/c, and the least I had was permanent stuffy nose. My nostrils are much happier now.
Yeah, I feel that. Much better for my breathing here than back in the US. I’m also prone to nosebleeds if my nostrils get even a little bit dry and that is not a problem here. But… the sweat, I hate it lol

I am the opposite. I wear a sweater until its about 70F, and I generally wont wear shorts unless its over 85F 24 hours a day. And I wear socks in Buenos Aires until maybe late November.

Back