How to Be a Hipster

Man of my dreams. Where do I find him?
Birken Cafe in Palermo Botanico for brunch!

The Coffee Chat Crew tried to go there once and they threw them out!

Birken Cafe in Palermo Botanico for brunch!

Noted. But last time I went to Birkin it was only their staff that were hipsters and I couldn't tell if they were real hipsters or if it was just a uniform they were forced into, binding contract style. I'll live another day not married to an Argentine hipster I suppose. But I really don't want to.

I think Palermo Botanico has become too upmarket for Hipsters. San Telmo used to have a lot of foreign Hipsters but I haven't been there in over 5 years... I was in Portland last year and there are still a lot of Hipsters there - the trend then - big well-kempt beards. The little goatee in the graphic is old-school hipsterism.

Back then, when coffee chat changed location each time, we probably fit in well with that crowd. Birkin produced the two largest coffee chats, at 18 and 24 attendees (and they never threw us out back then). Expensive place but had great bench seating for us hipsters ;).

Back then, when coffee chat changed location each time, we probably fit in well with that crowd. Birkin produced the two largest coffee chats, at 18 and 24 attendees (and they never threw us out back then). Expensive place but had great bench seating for us hipsters ;).
I think part of the reason for this is that you and Camel would always bring the latest Hipster fashion trends back from Austin. And whilst Austin is no Portland when it comes to Hipsterism - it's no slouch either!

You're definitely in hipsterville when you keep coming up with micro-neighborhood names to define that you're located in the next "edgy" area...what's next, Palermo Bravo?

Villa Crespo / Chacarita.
Just go to Donnet.

Back