How To Block Calls From Unwanted Callers

Ceviche

Registered
Hi

These guys from Moviestar call me 10-15 times a day from different phone numbers to promote their plan/empresa. I am with personal. They call on my cellphone and they do it all day long ( or all night long) even I am sitting in another continent.

After I block one number using the function available on my cell phone ; they use another phone number and then a 3rd.

What is the correct legal way to stop this menace? Any suggestions.

Ditto
It's also possible that they pose like Movistar representatives while it's a scam, trying to obtain personal information from you.

I agree with Sylvie, it looks more like a "chorro" than Movistar.

Have you tried to call Movistar and tell them of this situation?

Perhaps it won´t work, but you loose nothing trying....

From what I understand (and maybe this law doesn't exist here , but it might be worth a try), if you've told them "do not call me again, make a note of this on your system" and then they do call again, then those telemarketers are supposed to hand you over to a manager if you ask for one... at that point the manager must remove you from the call-list.

No guarantees .. but if it is legit, then it should work like this; if not then don't give up any info, tell them to stop calling and just hang-up. I used to get these calls all the time. I try to make the call as annoying for them as it is for me :p . It's not [background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Movistar or [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Personal or any of the other cell companies, but rather a [/background]telemarketer company hired top bug people by those companies so that they can avoid the laws and beat you into submission. The cell companies will not even answer complaints regarding this nor will they aknowledge it.

I have the same issue, except that I am with Personal and it is Personal calling me to offer combo with Samsung phones + plan. I have told them I am not interested but they have a BOT calling from different numbers. It is very annoying as they call also very early in the morning and late at night and j am always thinking it is an emergency.

I am surprised they call you when you are abroad, my SIM card from Personal doesn't work abroad

my SIM card from Personal doesn't work abroad

I have international roaming activated on my post paid plan and I use it quite regularly. In fact, it was extremely cheap until Jan'16 but lately has become expensive especially the calls ( the data is not so expensive)

The nollame website mentioned above worked absolute wonders on our land line where we had been receiving up to 5 calls a day from telemarketers, etc. Now we only get the Pro political propaganda calls. :lol: It's also supposed to work for cellphones but I haven't had reason to try it.

If it continues i am thinking of going to the police station and filing a report againt all those phone numbers and againt moviestar Argentina

Back