How To Correct A Misspelled Name On Dni

Jennifer Lee

Registered
Hello,

I recently went to register the birth of my new baby and realized that my DNI does not have my last name spelled correctly (it leaves off the apostrophe in my last name). Does anyone know how I can have this fixed? Where I would go or who to contact?

Thanks!

As far as I know the only way is to return to the register with your passport and your birth certificate where it shows your last name. But nethertheless it will be quite a hassle to deal with the people there, so be prepared for some arguing.

As far as I know the only way is to return to the register with your passport and your birth certificate where it shows your last name. But nethertheless it will be quite a hassle to deal with the people there, so be prepared for some arguing.
Scratching your ass in this country is a pain in the ass - let alone trying to get an apostrophe change on a DNI!!

Looks like a clerical error just changed your legal name in Argentina :lol:

Looks like a clerical error just changed your legal name in Argentina :lol:

Would there not exist a procedure to change the name for a fee? There are European countries where this is possible, not so in Argentina?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/3369609/Teenager-changes-name-to-Captain-Fantastic.html

Hello,

I recently went to register the birth of my new baby and realized that my DNI does not have my last name spelled correctly (it leaves off the apostrophe in my last name). Does anyone know how I can have this fixed? Where I would go or who to contact?

Thanks!

http://www.buenosair...o-civil/nombres

Cap. 12: Rectificaciones
La rectificación de omisiones o errores materiales de las actas inscriptas en los libros de este Registro, se efectuará de oficio a petición de quien acredite interés legítimo. La solicitud deberá ser efectuada ante la Oficina de Resoluciones y Dictámenes presentándose a tal fin los instrumentos públicos de cotejo que acrediten la verosimilitud del error. La rectificación se efectuará mediante disposición de la Dirección General, previo dictamen Legal.

Back