How To Find The Right Spanish Course For You

courconnect

Registered

Hello everyone!

I'm living in Buenos Aires and with a couple of friends we created an online platform to help expats find the right way for them to learn the language. We called it courconnect

Helping tourists and expats to find their way around Buenos Aires for a few years made me realize how many Spanish schools there are in the city and how different they all are. So many options don't have to mean information overload but rather opportunity to make the right choice.

So we partnered with the schools and decided to open a portal where all of them are visible and easy to compare. Each person is different and each school is different. We figured a way to connect students with teachers that will understand their needs and goals.

So, if you want to learn Spanish in Buenos Aires, visit courconnect.com

Or get in touch with us here, we are always happy to share tips and drinks with expats!

Great idea...!
Some friends found a Spanish class 2 hours/day 5 times a week FREE in Belgrano. :)

I noticed the local Spanish teachers in BA have lot of attitude despite so much competition amongst themselves!

A teacher can only take you some what forward. Ultimately its about self-study, learning new vocab and practicing with local people who speak only Spanish.

I noticed the local Spanish teachers in BA have lot of attitude despite so much competition amongst themselves!

A teacher can only take you some what forward. Ultimately its about self-study, learning new vocab and practicing with local people who speak only Spanish.

One can spend hours learning verbs and grammar and never be able to be understood... Fluency can only be achieved with a local mate.

Yes, but how many of your friends are going to stop mid-conversation and correct you on how to say things properly? We've all listened to people struggle with English and understood more or less what they were saying without interrupting them with corrections...
Teacher + cool people to practice with = fluency joy

You need different kinds of exercises that help you to fix structures and production to get fluency. I am a Spanish teacher (Lic. in Letras-UBA) 24 years ago and I work with grammar, exercises and conversation. At your place (optional), cheap and with material included.

Yes, but how many of your friends are going to stop mid-conversation and correct you on how to say things properly? We've all listened to people struggle with English and understood more or less what they were saying without interrupting them with corrections...
Teacher + cool people to practice with = fluency joy

Agreed. Classes + friends is the perfect combination. Also, listening to a lot of music.

My nr 1 suggestion is read a lot. A class will focus on "everyday situations", such as eating, shopping etc., but if your aim is to get anywhere near expressing your real thoughts and feelings beyond that "I like pizza" level any time soon, you will need to do it on your own I'm afraid. A teacher can help, but never do the work for you. A friend will only correct you when you are advanced enough to only make very few mistakes.

Teachers and classes can be perfectly replaced by free options, especially today. Read the grammar to get the idea how the language works, then move on and read something interesting, using dictionary. There's no faster lane to fluency than conscious absorbing, and there's no other pace to start than slowly. Of course, you will be looking up every other word in a dictionary at first, but there's nothing wrong with that. Soon enough you will be able to understand most of it and only look up a word if you really "want" that one.

Listening is also necessary, of course. However, a beginner tends to understand little or nothing because more time is needed to process the sentence than the speaker offers. Music is better because you can listen to the same song over and over, until you start getting it. If you read the lyrics first and proceed to singing along, even better.

Another thing to consider is that as an adult learner, you get able to write long before you can speak fluently. It is because you can take your time composing the sentence, again use dictionary etc while no one's gonna wait for you in a conversation.

Back