How to get a work visa - if you don't have a birth certificate

kl281071

Registered
I am in the process of applying for my work visa, however, I do not have a birth certificate. I am in desperate need of help....my company is using an absolutely incompetent subcontractor to apply for my visa.

My circumstances:
I was born in Cambodia and entered Australia on a united nations refugee programme. I now hold and Australian passport.

I was advised by one of the kind users on this forum that due to my circumstnaces, I should be able to get a work visa...I need to know specifically, who i need to talk to, what I need to supply.

PLEASe PLEASE help.....when i get down there, I promise to guy you a beer or two....

When you first told us about your problem a few days ago I was fairly sure this was the situation.

There is no short cut to finding a solution, you, yourself need to talk to the Australian government about this. I don't believe that your firm's contractor can do this part for you.

Where are you now?

If you are in Australia, contact the Department of Justice in your state; if you are overseas anywhere else in the world, contact the Embassy.

Good luck

I wished you good luck last time but remember, you need to make your own luck by facing the situation head on with the Australian government

I´ve just to talk with a student (from China) that works in a chinese company in Buenos Aires and she said me she was applying the work visa in China. She said they asked her the birth certificate, and this visa lasted one year (she had to renew every year). Also she said that the best was to go to the Australian Embassy).

Hello, in these cases, submit a waiver request with supporting evidence along with a legal opinion.

Hi, has anyone had to submit a waiver re this issue and what was the outcome. If there is an immigration lawyer who can help, i can pay.

kl281071 said:
Hi, has anyone had to submit a waiver re this issue and what was the outcome. If there is an immigration lawyer who can help, i can pay.

kl281071, Send Attorney (above) a private message and see if he can take your case. If not, perhaps he can direct you to someone who will.

Good luck. ;)

Back